Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was driving my car back from work, got home and picked up a buddy, then stopped and parked for about 20 mins went out again and the car started making a sound like very rough metal touching. Kind of felt like if the axle was just wavling underneath the car. I stopped the car home and lifted it up and found nothing but my rear mount missing the top bolt. Could this cause the axle to move like that ? It was a pretty rough sound extremely loud, felt like it was coming exactly from where the half-shaft/rear mount is located. What should i be looking for here ? Axle looks nice and tight, brakes are good and engine doesn't move too much as the motor mount still has bolts on it.

Looking for hints on what to look out for, going to take it apart this weekend (passenger side axle, half-shaft, rear mount, front mount, middle piece where the mounts sit, etc)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
shake done your front end. Check the ball joints and bearing. If all seems good then grab your axle between the cv boots and see if there is excessive amount of movement left to right or up and down. If so your axle is bad.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shake done your front end. Check the ball joints and bearing. If all seems good then grab your axle between the cv boots and see if there is excessive amount of movement left to right or up and down. If so your axle is bad.
Lower ball joints are shot, but the rough sound / feeling comes from within the rear mount area, could ball joints cause the movement in the axle ?

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
If its coming from the passenger sid could be the splash shield making contact with the axle. Tjis is loud and happened to all three g20's I had.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.