Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so heres the scoop...
94 g20t, had a bad power steering pump...didnt have the time or energy to do it myself so i brought it to a shop. they put a new one in and i got it back 2 days ago. first weird thing that happened...i blew my audio fuse twice in the past 2 days, dont know why. second weird thing that happened...my wipers. the second and third settings (medium and fast) work fine, but the delay setting and the cleaning setting (when you pull the wiper handle towards you aka washer fluid wiper) do not work at all. (but washer fluid still comes out). third weird thing...my heat. the heat works fine, and the slider for hot and cold works fine too. but the switches (for feet, upper vents, deforst, etc) do not work anymore, and the lights behind the buttons do not light up (the green led's under the buttons do not work either) i have no idea why this is happening, maybe when they replaced the pump they shorted soemthing out? thats my best guess. any thoughts?
thanks

-kevin

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
You have some sort of short. They hooked up something incorrectly. I once had my a/c done and they replaced the drier. They plugged the connector for the parking lights into the dryer and I kept blowing fuses.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Yep, it's a short. Check the area around the PS pump to see if they pinched any wiring, and take the car back to the mechanic ASAP. There's really no excuse for poor service like that.

Hamerz11: Ha, that's ridiculous, I hope you called them on it.

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
bhowle said:
Yep, it's a short. Check the area around the PS pump to see if they pinched any wiring, and take the car back to the mechanic ASAP. There's really no excuse for poor service like that.

Hamerz11: Ha, that's ridiculous, I hope you called them on it.
I did but the idiots couldn't figure it out. Next day me and my dad took things apart and figured it out pretty quickly. Sometimes its not worth the hassle with idiots.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Hamzer11 said:
I did but the idiots couldn't figure it out. Next day me and my dad took things apart and figured it out pretty quickly. Sometimes its not worth the hassle with idiots.
Yeah, I understand that. It's really getting harder and harder to find good shops these days.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies guys.
another weird thing is happening...whenever i turn the car off for a period of time and turn it back on, my right headlight goes out. it doesnt burn out because all i have to do is pull it out of the holder and the light comes right back on. i dont understand any of this. im sure its a short somewhere but i dont have the time to figure out where it is. ahh

·
Registered
430 Posts
wtf? there is definetly a shors somewhere sounds like the alt is hooked up wrong somehwere and its sending pos though the body. that is quite wierd ive enver heard of this.

·
Registered
129 Posts
4dollarg20 said:
wtf? there is definetly a shors somewhere sounds like the alt is hooked up wrong somehwere and its sending pos though the body. that is quite wierd ive enver heard of this.
I concur

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4dollarg20 said:
is the power steering pump on the same belt as the alt?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright, found the problem...should have seen this sooner but the AC fuse was blown lol. replaced it and now everything is good.
thanks for all the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts