Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
when i put my key in and turn it, just so the radio and the windows could be on and then take the key out my car it makes a weierd cranking noise and dies out mind you makes the noise when the key isn`t even in the ignition

·
Registered
880 Posts
something tells me it's your antenna wearing out. my car does the same thing. it's annoying as hell but as long as it still goes up and down I'm happy.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not the antana i just turn the key to one and then pull it out and it makes the noise wiening down

·
Registered
529 Posts
It could be the fuel pump. I know that when you turn the key but not start the car, the fuel pump will kick on making a kind of whirring sound. If this is the sound, then it is normal.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Is your G equipped with electronic motor mounts? I believe it is, if so, that's the noise...the mounts have a little motor on it...it's to make for a smoother ride and idle. When you turn the key to on, the motor moves and when you remove the key the motor moves also, it sounds like a buzzing whining noise...check it out.

·
Registered
562 Posts
electronic motor mounts??? I never heard of this...I don't think our G20s are equipped with these....just some special jell like filled whatever motor mounts...

Now what I think it is is the ABS pump....Hondas make a whirring noise too when turned on and I hear its the ABS pumping to build pressure...but I forgot the reason why....I don't even know how the ABS works really....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts