Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
warped_g20 said:
how do you put pics of your car on here,yeah im new to this ,tonights the first time I've really been on here,just been reading some of the forums,trying to find things for my ride and to find out more about the car.I have a 99 G20 and don't know anything about it just what i want to do to it,like turbo it so any help would be great..thanx
http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13870
Theres the instructions. I use photobucket and it's easy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
273 Posts
hey im a recent g20 buyer too Ive got a 92 that runs great.

I fell in love on the test drive the suspension is so great. Gearing is perfect maybe too high.

my paricular one has both front fenders damaged and clear coat off a lot of the paint so its no looker i want to try and show to you all. Over the summer im going to get it to respectibility.
It runs practically like new.

I want the agx shocks too.

I dont like big wheels I love the 14 inch alloys. I want to pick up a leather interior and repaint it. basically all I want is it to look like a standard g20

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Research Research Research!

G20.net thank you for the years of priceless knowledge and how to's. With (bonus) pics. From ameteur to pro this site gives all that is needed from regular maintenance to mod. I maybe new to the forum yet I have done extensive research for 9 months. And found several things that I have and will do in the future for my P11. I recently ( the last six months ) have decided to swap my sr20DE for DET GTiR and have run into a problem with the ECU. My G20t is a 2000 P11. And the GTiR has cut harness, recently acquired one for the engine but yet the engine is a 91 to 97 and is not compatible with the 2000 P11 as you well know. I have searched forums for such diagrams and have yet to find wire harness for the above. The GTiR came from a AWD. Have replaced O2 censor, oil pump w/NISSAN GTiR 90PSI OIL PUMP and machine P11 fly wheel. I need to know information on wiring harness. Stuck, please help. Please if anyone has the information it would be much appreciated. Or if you could direct me to the right forum. Thank you for any help

·
Registered
91 Posts
quick intro of myself and my G20, im from socal a toyota/nissan guy worked on couple of SR20DET, CA18DET and KA24DE owned a 240sx hatch 4years ago. just stumble on this 1993 G20 5speed my neighbor is moveing to east cost and told me she'll sell me her G20 for $1000 so i took it. its in ok condition but a lot of work to get it back to 100%...i find the forum very informative thanks for haven me here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
94 g20 power A/T comfort button w/ green and yellow light right under cig lighter. What does it do???? I've had my car for 3 yrs and can't seem to find anyone who knows.

·
Registered
2 Posts
help

im new to this,im from trinidad and tobago,but i currently work in the US, i own a 1999 nissan primera hyper cvt m6, the tranny is busted,(my mechanic told me the transmission normally gives trouble,is this true)i replaced it with a transmission from a normal sr20,when i drive slow,approx,40 -60 km, it bucks a bit ,as though its not getting enough power,an when i floor it,the gears change at 5500 rpm or so,so a measly civic will wash my ass,(sorry)lol,is there anything i can do about this?should i change to manual? and what about trying to turbo this engine,im told its very hard an time consuming,should i just sell it an buy a turbo engine, i wanna make it a project car,will post pics at a later date,what also do you recommend to drop the car approx.2 to 3 inches?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just want to say hi to all the G20 people. This is my first post so I already feel like a retard. Been lurking here for awhile but never voiced an opinion. Too busy gathering all the great info floating about. I currently have 2 G20s, a blue 94 auto and a silver 93.5 auto, and a 92 SE-R project car(since forever). The Gs are daily drivers, one for me and one for my fiance. Need the four doors cuz I have a 2 yo son. They are great cars , just wish mine was a 5-speed. The 94 has a 2.5 inch header and bosal exhaust back. Nothing done to the 93.5 yet but need an exhaust as soon as it warms up some cuz WI winter did it in. Plan to drop mine this spring and deciding on rims. I know its auto but at least it can look good. J

·
Registered
844 Posts
Great tips for my first Tune up

This thread was is a great help and i did actually ask some questions that are on these links...
Today i did first tune up and ALL went well plugs, wires oil and filters all went well.. except that the usual 1/2" drain plug for my p11's Man. trans fluid wasn't that at all,it was actually a Hex. guess i'll have to wait till i get to work so i can borrrow one to change it up...
ohh yeah and the throttle body looked like a Junkies Lungs.. Lol

thanx for the support guys

and i'm a get some pix of my baybee up...

Soon come

Chamba

·
Registered
844 Posts
4 Soca worrior

im new to this,im from trinidad and tobago,but i currently work in the US, i own a 1999 nissan primera hyper cvt m6, the tranny is busted,(my mechanic told me the transmission normally gives trouble,is this true)i replaced it with a transmission from a normal sr20,when i drive slow,approx,40 -60 km, it bucks a bit ,as though its not getting enough power,an when i floor it,the gears change at 5500 rpm or so,so a measly civic will wash my ass,(sorry)lol,is there anything i can do about this?should i change to manual? and what about trying to turbo this engine,im told its very hard an time consuming,should i just sell it an buy a turbo engine, i wanna make it a project car,will post pics at a later date,what also do you recommend to drop the car approx.2 to 3 inches?
I'm new with this my self but i've been reading like a scholar on everything in the forums. the lower the better.. but you have to take in to consideration where you live. you don't wanna be a snow plower in the winter. i'm going to drop mine 1.7 in the front and 1.5 approximately at the back as soon as the dough comes (springs and struts) if you go for coil overs i would suggest to get the hi-end ones.

AND YES THE AUTO TRANNY's on THESE CARS DO BUST FAIRLY QUICKLY. just read up on auto to manny conversions on the threads.(i would suggest it) and while ur doin the manual tranny try to do the mods already since ur in there (well if you have the $$ for it) think of it as 3 birds(ricers) w/ one shot

It is a great project car. and about the turbo and all that i suggest to read and read and read more. cuz knowledge is power.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts