Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Well I think I'm going to part her out... Just a few questions. and maybe some advice

2K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  rushmatic 
#1 · (Edited)
Edit: I ment to post this to General section, feel free to move it..

Well as some of you know it looks like I blew my motor...
Now I'm probably going to part her out....probably
For the most part I am confident I can get most all the parts off just fine, but a few questions remain.
The car has agx/tien setup I want to keep for myself....
Also I want the control arms for my superpro's.

After I get the car taken apart and the parts stripped, I plan on having the junker crusher dudes come get it. If I were to take off agx/tien & control arms how would we get the car out of the garage and down to the street w/out tearing the hell outta my grandpa's driveway?

Also just to make sure my idea makes sense...
Here's the deal: As of now the loan I took out for the car is still not paid all the way (~$700 left)....
Being the car isn't really drivable I figured that I might as well take the L and part it out to pay off the loan...
1- is this even realistic? Can I expect to get in the neighborhood of $700 w/a partout? (car is in pretty good shape most the parts should be good for potential buyers)

2-Does anybody think I should NOT partout? If so please explain why it would be better for me to deal w/the loan and save for an engine... I have been trying to convince myslef not to deprive the earth of another G, but being in debt and having to either go deeper in debt (or waiting till I can save for another engine) is tough for me to wrap my head around...

3-I have never done an engine swap, and would love to learn! Its a bit of a pickle though cause the only place I have to work on my car is my grandpa's garage, which is very small (really has about a yard & 1/2 MAX of moving room around the front and rear of car... maybe 2 1/2 feet on the sides) and I'm not so sure my grandpa wants me to do it there.... He was pretty cool bout the tranny swap there, but I dont think he's as confident I can do the engine... I am pretty sure I can (not much different than tranny, just disconnecting a bit more bolts, hoses and harness'), but even @ that I dont have all the tools... Pretty much I think I have it all except a cherry picker.

Well cant think of anymore so I guess thats all for now
Thanks
Dan

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Dont freak out CJ!
Its not my M/T G....
I think if I was going DET it would be in that...
I was just trying to replace it from daily driver duties...

It still sucks but not like if it was my M/T...

Tax time is soon, I guess I could use that (perhaps for the loan and engine...) never thought of that!
But I am trying to get into a house or condo, something to start building equity you know. Plus I want to start a retirement acct while I'm still kinda young so compound interest can work hard for me...
So if I get a decent tax return I've probably got higher priorities...

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Well this is how it sits right now

So I know that cosidering it has a bad engine (still not positive about that but most likely) and it needs paint and a lil work on the door, I'm sure it would increase its value (both for me and if I were to sell it)......

BUT I dont know if considering my circumstances it would be worth it....

LuciferBlkG20- Seatbelts are brown

Discussion starter · #11 ·
I'm still undecided if I'm going to part out or not....
Was hoping that I could get a lil more feedback as to what people thought...
SR20DET_G20-A far as the suspension goes, it goes in my M/T....Thx for the info bout moving her w/out control arms...The bumper will need paint but its in good condition, but I'm still undecided w/what I'll do....I'll link you the new thread if I decide to part out ...

Discussion starter · #15 ·
G20Pimp said:
So what the deal with your other G20 is that the new daily? What are your plans for it?
Yeah its back to daily usage....
No real plans for it now...
I'll swap the tien/agx to it, maybe the leathers (I like my dirty cloth seats tho...)
Someday I'll get the obx on it, pats motor mounts and es shift bushings, and maybe my superpro's if they dont sell

Discussion starter · #17 ·
SR20DET_G20 said:
I would be considering whether or not the car has any frame damage before I decide whether or not to fix it. It looks like it got whacked hard in the front from all the parts replaced. If the frame is good you should spend A little on a cheep paint job and throw in a cheep engine. Just my $0.02
It wasn't too messed up

Frame is perfect, did the work myself and made sure there were no frame problems.
I am still deciding what to do, its hard for me to figure out.

It would be of much more value for me to keep it considering I just got it 3 months ago, just fixed its body (for the most part), just got plates for it...

You'd think that would convince me but I just hate debt, and cant afford an engine now. Nor am I sure I would even have a place to do the swap.... I dont think I could let a shop swap for me because I always do my own work and this would be great learning experiance for when the engine dies on my M/T (in that cars case I woulld go in debt for VE in a second).....

I am going to do some continuity tests on a few sensors, double check compression, ect tomorrow....

Discussion starter · #19 ·
GTwoZero said:
hey dan, i can help you with the body work and paint, i work at a body shop, so just pm me if you want some help
Well I really want to get it running, plus my M/T neds paint too and its the same color so that sounds cool as hell......

If nothing else I need my M/T painted for sure, I appreciate it.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
SR20DET_G20 said:
I think it sounds like you are trying to support 2 cars when you can only afford and only really need one. You should pick whick of your cars you like the best, swap all the best parts to it and part out the other one. There are plenty of people, myself included, who would pay you good money for your g parts.
You have got me all figured out...
But I normally can afford both, just hours @ work have been cut back lately because we have lost $$$ because of all the snow lately...
I know I like my m/t more....

Right now I'm just trying to ignore the A/T for a while to see how things pan out
Thanks though you might have read my mind..

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Yeah I know what you mean....

Right now I'm just ignoring it....
But my plan for now is to wait a while,maybe swap a VE in my M/T and use the engine from my M/T in the A/T.... maybe.. we'll see

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.