Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your opinion about Falken tyres? Especially the FK-451 and FK-452.
This brand isn't very known in Europe but rather cheaper than de Pirelli P Zero Nero or the Bridgestone RE050A for example.

I noticed that at the Falken website there are a lot of US cars zo I guessed you guys would have some experience with this brand.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I love Falken tires, I had yokohamas in the past and hated them.
Most of the people that race in Houston use the Azenis. I'm not
sure which models they sell in Europe. But my opinion, best bang for buck.

·
Registered
367 Posts
falkens are awesome... i was suppost to get a new set but the distributor closest to me ran out so i had to settle for kumhos but i wish i had falkens

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Coming from having Toyo Proxes 4, the Falken Ziex 512's I've used are just not good enough. They are much noisier, and a lot less grip. However, for the price they seem OK. As it was almost 40 dollar difference per tire.

Demon

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here in the Netherlands I only can get the FK-452, FK-451 and Z-512 (not sure if the type is right, it's an all-wheather tyre).
I tink I'm going for the FK-452, an upgraded version of the FK-451.

How do Falken compares to Federal tyres?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Have had two sets of Falken Ziex, pleased, but not so hot in the snow...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I've got a set of wintertyres so that's no problem. You guys can recommend me the Falken tire as a good summer tyre wich performs also good in rain?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Rain, yes. Dry, yes. Winter(ziex) no.

·
I Gots More NISMO Then U!
2,913 Posts
never had a prob with the Falken's i've been running on.

·
Registered
77 Posts
gomd3 said:
hey guys, I was bumping this cause I wanna get some 512's anybody use these before?
Yes & Love'em, I just got my second set, they just don't last too much, excelent in rain, great all season tires, It doesn't snow here.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
gomd3 said:
... anybody ever mount 215/60/14 on their car or am I going too big?
I'm getting some 512's in 205/60/14 in the next month or two, I've got some 205/60/14 kuhmo's on the front right now, and they fit fine. i think p10det has 225's on his stock wheels, so you should be able to fit 215's

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
I picked up a set for $250 for all 4 brand new. I think theyre pretty damn good. I tried slipping around in the rain but it stuck. Theyre hella soft though but they stick like a motherhumper

·
Registered
30 Posts
Read some reviews that these Ziex 512 are noisey....anybody feel the same way? Anybody have any luck with these in the snow?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
My FK-451s were BAR NONE the most hydroplane-resistant tire I've ever had. They were a little noisy, though, and had a very narrow temperature range. Below 50°F they went rock-hard, and above 100°F they'd get greasy if I was even street driving a little too hard. If I were looking for another set of "3-season" tires, I wouldn't think twice before buying another set of FKs. I'm just tired of changing tires.

I know a lot of guys who put Zeix tires on their daily drivers, and they're competent in all seasons, but not ideal for anything. They tend to be loud, and they don't provide awesome grip, but are typically better than OEM stock tires (Bridgestone RE-92, Firestone Firehawk GTA, Continental Contisport) in most weather. They're cheap, which is why most guys I know wind up with them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts