Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well now that i have a carputer and what not installed i want to put a aftermarket alarm system. there are soo many company's out there and im not sure which to get.
i want a remote start and the same features which i currentlly have in my car. trunk pop. i'm also looking for something that has a good range. 75+yds. loud alarm.

so what kind of setup do you have or recommend.

also how hard is it to install yourself. i'm pretty good with electronics especially with the help of RMYC. and im looking for something in the price range of <150-175. thanks

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
ive never done it myself, but i heard self installing an alarm could take anywhere from an afternoon to a full day if you wanted to put the brain deep in the dash and conceal your wires.

with manuals, i heard it was tricky to install remote start as well. my friend who does audio/alarms says its not worth putting remote start on a manual.

and for under 200, you'll have to do some serious hunting for a good alarm. i think you should save up another 100 or so and get something like a clifford/viper rsx v3.5 (built in remote start, pager) or 10.x (no remote start but has pager and all other options that the 3.5 has) my friend does it for 300 installed, either one of them. he doesnt do remote start for manuals as i've stated though

·
Registered
455 Posts
something by DEI seems to be what everone says. Lojack is good too:)

Alarms are moderate to install and all the protection remuneration services are voided if you do it yourself. Pay the guy or park next to a G35:)

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
sooo im sure you all saw me coming into this thread =)
as i always say,
commandoalarms.com
get the FM870

works up to a mile away (no BS, i had it)
got too many features to count, $176 or so)
i installed it myself when i was 15 (granted it took me a week or two, i was young and didnt need the car soon after)

its an easy install and the people are 100% very very helpful over the phone. i have the number memorized because i kept calling and asking stuf.f 18007801409, they were glad to help, give you vehicle specific access online to locations of wires needed and colors.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess its an over the weekend... doi have to remove my original alarm system..... where is the unit located.......thanks ryan

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For sure i'd be happy......but i'll probably leave my brother at home.....it'll take longer with him....."he'll try to do other mods while we are at it"....

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts