Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to buy a clutch for my p11. I was looking at a a competition clutch stage 1.5. I have a pop charger, full exhaust, fidanza flywheel, ram air to pop charger, p10 exhaust cam swap. timing bumped up. My clutch disc just blew out a spring. Need advice asap.

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
OEM b15 style disc, OEM throw out bearing, NEW clips, JWT presssure plate or an Exedy racing stage1 pressure plate.

Realistically with you mods you can go with a key value clutch kit and be fine but if you want it to hold much more then go with my suggestion above.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So should i just buy the exedy stage on kit and call it a day, The jwt pressure plate is 225+ and the disc seems to be around 100. the stage one kit is 281. on ebay. I drive my g hard so i want something thats going to last.

·
Registered
339 Posts
nope because the disc and TOB are shit in the exedy kit.
I've ran the exedy kits in my B13 and SR20 S13 for years with no issues (even launched on slicks with the S13). What kind of experiences do you have that make you have that opinion? Just curious, as this is the first time I've ever heard someone trash on them, lol.

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
I've ran the exedy kits in my B13 and SR20 S13 for years with no issues (even launched on slicks with the S13). What kind of experiences do you have that make you have that opinion? Just curious, as this is the first time I've ever heard someone trash on them, lol.
http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?56294-exedy-clutch-kit-06802-review

During this ordeal I took the time to inspect the TOB and compared it to a stock unit. The included one from the kit was two pieces with little ears that flap over to hold the front and back together. The OEM one doesn't have this and is a much sturdier unit. I also inspected the disc and it turned out it was the same exact disc that hundreds of people had issues with the springs popping out. This same disc comes in other manufacturers kits and not just exedy. It's the purplish looking one with very little material covering the springs.

I never heard of anyone talk bad about them either and that's why I bought it. I love the pressure plate though. It held great power and had a great pedal feel. That is why I recommend the pressure plate till this day. But I can not recommend the TOB or the disc.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I highly recommend this clutch kit: https://www.gspec.com/p-4882-clutch-kit-bundle-20-stage-1.aspx

many other members do as well. Good for stock or light bolt ons.

Or you can upgrade the disc to a b15 disc and get this kit:
https://www.gspec.com/p-4883-clutch-kit-bundle-20-stage-2.aspx

You shouldnt need to search any further than those 2 links I posted above
Thanks

If all goes as planned I should be starting a turbo swap beginning of next year. Obviously these won't hold ~250Whp. What kit should I go with if I'm doing my swap? I've been reading threads but they all seem to be old, and I don't know how much has changed since 2005 lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
Right now all I am for sure of is my hp goal. I'm thinking of a W11 avenir swap with a T25 turbo. But I'm still doing research and trying to figure out exactly what I want. It's my first time ever doing a turbo swap so I am trying to become as knowledgeable as possible before I do anything. From what I have read, the 2002 sport LSD tranny will be strong enough to hold ~250Whp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.