Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 G that is beige now but can't decide what color I want it, thinking silver, black , or pearl white. Also where should I get it painted that would do a good job but not to expensive because I just bought rims. Please tell me what color, where to paint and estimate on how much. thanks:cool:

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
The first step is admitting you have a problem. Beige is the least attractive color for the P10.. I am partial to silver P10's but you have to consider the interior also.

If you are not going to redo you interior then go with Black.
White gets very dirty ( actually it just shows more dirt ).
If I had to paint a P10 another color I would see if I could get Maui Blue and have the only P10 that cool ass color.

A good paint job is expensive becuase they need to strip the old paint and then repaint.

Don't go to Maaco's for the bad job and money, you could bought spray paint ( and only 2 cans for the whole car ) to get the same results ...

Plan on spending at least a G ( clever huh ? ) for a good job done by a friend of the family ....

·
Registered
343 Posts
too true.....

if you are getting a different color be prepared for a lot of labour, if its done properly you will have to have the entire interior stripped out and possibly the engine too, Although you will probably get away with masking the engine and spraying the bay around it, you might save some money if you took out the interior yourself and removed the lights and other bits and bobs but you would be without your ride for a while.........

I would expect to pay in the region of £800-1000 for a real professional job in the uk. I did think about this a few months back (was going to get a two tone paint job) but its just too expensive at the moment and not worth it unless I have a car that is fast enough to warrent that kind of money, which I dont :p

good luck with it tho.

·
Registered
140 Posts
well, my p10 was just silver and it looked really good, but i just got it painted the purpley blue color that is on the new cougars and it looks soooo good! I think any blue color would look tight! I don't know where your located but I gotta guy that does awesome paint jobs, he knows what he's doin and he'd charge bout $2000!

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Lets see pic of your Blue car I bet it looks sweet !!

·
Registered
140 Posts
it does and i wish icould show ya'll but i havn't got pics yet, and when i do, i need help puttin um up, cause i am rather bad when it comes to computers, I'm a youngen, i can't help it if i don't know how to do stuff!!!!!!!! so right now all i can say is it looks so good, tha paint job is a slick one too!!! I absolutly love it, and I was hesitent at first to do that color, but i am sooo glad i did, it looks so tight!

·
Registered
142 Posts
One nice thing about the Beige paint is that it looks clean for a long time(since its the same color as the dirt :)).

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone else think it would be around a G or have an opinion on the color I should get and does anyone live in Fairfax, VA area?

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
hey..

I heard somewhere that brown/tan sports cars (IE. NSX, Porsche, etc) are NOT allowed to be sold in the state of California.. I guess the G20 isn't considered a sport car huh>? and is this law true anyway? ..sounds sort of far fetched but I;ve heard that California has some crazy laws... like no ferrets allowed for pets and no smoking in public or bars

·
Registered
429 Posts
like no ferrets allowed for pets and no smoking in public or bars
How Untrue!!!

You can smoke anywere you want in California as long as your not inside or outside...:)

:smoke:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Re: hey..

Chris said:
I heard somewhere that brown/tan sports cars (IE. NSX, Porsche, etc) are NOT allowed to be sold in the state of California.. I guess the G20 isn't considered a sport car huh>? and is this law true anyway? ..sounds sort of far fetched but I;ve heard that California has some crazy laws... like no ferrets allowed for pets and no smoking in public or bars
I think all sports cars in California come in "Arrest-Me-Red" or "Catch-Me-Yellow" by default, and are then painted over in a different color. You're right...I've never seen a brown/tan sports car, but I doubt it's illegal. I think sports car owners just don't like brown.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts