Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yesterday i went shopping around looking for a new setup for my p11. i want to completely replace the bose system, and found out that it is going to cost around $2400 for a head unit, the six speakers, an amp, a sub, and install. damn. i guess i forgot how much this stuff costs. maybe i should just add an amp and a sub and get some rims.

·
Registered
251 Posts
2400 setup should be pretty good set up. I spent $300 for my alpine 7863 unit, 200 for my amp, 150 for my subs, and about 100 for wires. that eneded up about 750 for my setup. Kept the stock speakers though.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think a lot of my cost is going to be with the install. i don't want to do it myself, and it seems like it is a pain in the butt with removing and re-installing all the wires. maybe i'll just add a sub and forget the rest.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My whole system all together cost me over 3 grand but i didnt pay that much for a head unit and i installed everything myself.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fosgate rfx9000 hu, fosgate 5 channel amp, boston component set for front, boston for rear, fosgate 10" sub

sony cdxmp70 hu, j 500/5 amp, jl component set for front, jl for rear, jl 10" sub

·
Registered
33 Posts
well if it was me i would go with the jl setup, they have good quality full range speakers, and there subs are good too thats what i have. Also from what i have heard and seen in rockfords products is that they have kinda gone down hill after they started bieng sold at best buy. But its up to you.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, i know looks don't make a system sound good, but that is why i was originally interested in the fosgate hu. silver with red to match my interior. oh well, i think i am going to buy stuff for my jeep instead.

·
Registered
522 Posts
GranMasta said:
Also from what i have heard and seen in rockfords products is that they have kinda gone down hill after they started bieng sold at best buy.

Just because the speaker is sold at Best Buy doesn't mean that Rockord quality is going down. Best Buy simply carries low and middle line products, which is where all the money is. If you go to nicer places, like custom audio shops, you will see that Fosgate has plenty of great speakers to offer.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Also from what i have heard and seen in rockfords products is that they have kinda gone down hill after they started bieng sold at best buy. But its up to you.
This is definately not true. As stated before, Best Buy only carries the low end. I have plenty of experience with Rockford, and they are definately worth the money. But for up front, definately MB Quart. Just my two cents. By the way I have Clarions up front, a Sony Head unit (I shot myself in the foot here), Rockford Wiring, a Profile 600 watt amp and 2 JBL GT 12"subs. I have been owned three Rockford subs in many different setups, and let me tell you, if you buy the decent ones, THEY WILL NOT DIE

·
Registered
33 Posts
ok then, im not sayin there products are crap, but i did say there going down hill. I also didnt say anything about they went down just because they started seeling at best buy but heres an example tell me if this makes sence. u know how rockford amps have birth certificates with them? well i had bought a 500x2 amp that was manufactured in 99, the peak power on the bench test was 783 or sumthin, but when the amp fried, since rockford amps dont have fuses, they didnt have that model amp anymore except for one called the 500 s which was still supposed to be 500x2, but on the birth certificate the amp had maxed out at 580, so i had to get the 700x1 amp which still pushed less than the last years 500 watt amp and it was 200 dollars more, u tell me how this makes since....................If u want a rockford amp you need to look for the older ones that you will see installed in cars that are featured in magazines. but i dont really know to much bout there subs i was mainly tlakin bout amps and there entry level subs.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I spend about 1000 USD on mine. I got 2 JL audio 12" w3 subs with a sealed box(glass on back) / 600 watt rocksford fosgate amp / bose system adapter/ top of the line wiring/ install&tax. All done at car toys. Even got a warranty on the subs and amp.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so you kept your factory system intact? i think that is the route i will end up going. i will be happy once there is some base.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Well... price huh?

I'm pretty happy with what I got. For $400-500 a friend hooked me up with a Box, two 12" Kicker Comp Subs, two 5" 3-way Pioneers, two 6'1/2 3-way Pioneers (rear), a Kenwood 600watt amp, wire kit and installation. I had gotten the Sony CD head receiver myself from some other friend for like $74 bucks, but I wanna change it to something better.:evil: Everything was brand new, out the box... (gotta have buddies at the stores ya'll ;) ) I even learned how to do things myself... but that was in a Civic... Now I need to know how to change the rear speakers on a 92' G20 Anyone knows???!! :-\

·
Registered
45 Posts
i got a rockford fosgage amp and a 10 inch base tube with Zeus speaker in it, it set me back about 300 bucks, thats including the installation and wires and stuff.

·
Registered
158 Posts
$ 3,000 plus??? Kenwood PS 300/ JBL GTQ 360/ Rockford Fosgate
600aIV Punch/ Sony ES head unit/ Boston Acoustics Pro.Series 6.4 components/ Sony Cd-Changer/ Nakamichi X-Over/ Sony Mk90 EQ/ Cerwin Vega 6002/ MTX 3x10's subs/ 1 Farad Monster Caps/ Monster Cables, Monster Gold plated tip 8gauge/4gauge, & RCA's high-end..........................................
did I miss anything else :confused:

Oh! did my own installations :cool: :lol: :smoke:

Still in the process of putting everything [email protected]#$%

http://hometown.aol.com/ronnieg357/myhomepage/personal.html

1 - 20 of 31 Posts