Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I've only just registered as I'm usually browsing through the forums.. I have recently purchased a gt4z avenir w11 1999. Now the engine has had a seize and both head and block are unusable.now I know my turbo is incorrect being 14411-1e000. My cylinder head numbers are 53j2r.. haven't doing block numbers or I've forgotten what they were but anyway I went to a pick a part wreckers today as an exact gt4z w11 1999 is there. Lucky enough so was the motor - the turbo. i removed and taken block but noticed my cylinder head is low port.. the one at wreckers is a high port so I'm now unsure whether to go high port conversion if it is worth doing or what I was planning to do is get a de head and swap my valves cams etc.. what should I do ? Is my head I have now a det? Considering the factory det I believe is a high port?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
You might have more luck posting over on NPOC, as we didn’t get the Avenir here. Pretty sure all DET heads were highport though, so you must have a DE+T where someone added the turbo to a lowport DE. That turbo part number sounds like what my “Avenir” motor came with, and I think it was actually off a Nissan Rnessa. So I apparently got a Rnessa motor instead. Search the turbo part number on here and you may find the thread. Anyway, if it was me I would take the highport head from the wrecker also and keep the head/block together for a true DET motor. Rnessa turbo (if that’s what it is) works fine and is also ball-bearing, so basically identical to the W11 Avenir turbo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts