Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
look at my sig that's my set up. Why do i have to run racefuel to crank it up to 17psi. My boy has det and runs 18psi , albeit on a smaller turbo (t28). he has 8:5 compression too. Is that why. But my pistons are forged . Is it my tuning? the emanage is tuned superconservative and doesn't allow the g to lean out much at all. What suggestions?

·
Registered
45 Posts
What kinda fuel pump and what fuel pressure are you running. As long as you have the fuel, there is no reason not to run it minus fear of busting up the trans or frying the clutch. I have the same turbo at 15psi with 550cc, supra pump, nimo fpr to 45psi and have plenty of room to spread my legs with more boost. I also run 7 series plugs gapped to 25 instead of the stock 33 (I think).

If you wanna be extra careful, pull your timing back between 13-15 base. Then when you do run race gas, crank the timing up to 17-19 advance and add a few more psi and itll feel like a totally different car.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what top ends? you mean the ring lands? or do you mean the head? The only thing weaker are the valve springs and valves but i don't plan on revving to 7500. I thought rr heads although not as tough flowed much better. I'm not bragging but show me a non rr motor at 13psi in a 3000lb car trap the 1/4 @ 111mph.

·
Registered
369 Posts
You can rooster...you got the pistons and rods...do it but be carefull on timing...and AF set them for ex ...at low 11Af and timing at 11 and use only 100+ oct fuel.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
randyo156 said:
the roller rocker top ends are much weaker
try it out and see what happens
:)

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT PLEASE BE MORE SPECIFIC

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ran 17 psi the other day by accident,,totally diffrent animal, nothing happened but wow what a diffrence

·
Registered
844 Posts
are you still running the stock exhaust like it says in your profile? cuz im sure if you are and you go get a 3" exhaust that'll free up some power im sure without turning up the boost at all. just a thought........

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
Not to start anything but i have traped a bit higher than that on a avenier with t25 at 12 psi. but my car with me in it ways a bit less than 3k. I currentlly have a different turbo it is simualer to yours but with a 86 ar turbine at 10 psi and i am sure i would blow my old times away. in time i plan on running 20psi possibly ad a mild wter injection kit.
I do infct rev my engine to 7500 as it still wnts to make power.
I was informed by someone that the jdm roller rocker was a bit tougher.

I know little about the limmits of your engine but i would beleave you could hit 18 psi.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it's a 3 inch turbo back exhaust...straight thru no cats or resonators,

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
again i have no real input into this thread topic but ...

do u know a kid in kearny with a black 325 on m3 rims? or a kid with a blue srt-4 with a side exhaust? i talked to the kid with the 325 and he mentioned a turboed p11 in the area when he saw mine.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's Probably My Brother, His Has Spev V Wheels

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well the other day at the track we sooned learned that putting 1/4 tank of race fuel affects timing and allows the car to run higher boost. So he cranked it and for some reason it wouldn't boost past 10psi,weird. he ran 8 times and with every run ,(i guess he was burning off that race fuel) his boost would creep and he kept trapping higher and higher with every pass. HIs is a manual boost controller. so we thought something was wrong so he just kept twisting and twisting but i would only climb 1psi with every run. His highest trap was 107mph which is well below his 111mph he did back in the spring with no race fuel at 13psi. So we left and couldn't figure out as to why the boost wouldn't come up. On the way home he was on it and noticed that the boost was climbing, by the time we got home it was boosting 15psi. At this point we kept a sharp eye on the air/fuel meter and he was still in the green. The following day he got on it and it jumped to like 20psi! so he jumped out of the car and turned it back but he was still pushing about 17psi the rest of the week but the air/fuel was in the pink borderline red so he got scared and turned it back to 10 low and 15 high settingon the mbc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts