Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a P10, and in recent weeks, people have been finding wierd names for my car. So far, it's been called an Acura, a Toyota, a Lexus, and a Q45. (no joke)

ignorant people can't identify cars :rolleyes:

just wondering what you guys have had your G called?

·
Registered
26 Posts
That funny that you mention this.....My wife and I just bought a 2002 G20 and the first thing my neighbor asked is "how do you like your new BMW?" I couldn't believe they thought it was a bimmer!

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
DaPCWiz said:
ignorant people can't identify cars :rolleyes:

just wondering what you guys have had your G called?
Well, some people have mistakenly called my car slow... :monkey: but anyways....

Suprisingly most people recognize the name, but they always assume i have a P11.. "oh umm... i thought you had a G20?" or "that G20 looks different" Then i have to explain to them it's the older model blah, blah, blah.... =)

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Well considering there is not a whole lot of G20's on the road here in NM, most people dont know what it is...I have only seen two other P11's and zero P10 models here...

Most people are "Oooo..an Infiniti, *must* be nice..."

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Yahnozha said:

Most people are "Oooo..an Infiniti, *must* be nice..."
Must be nice :p Here at UofA there are a TON of G20s. Also a lot of Integras and 3 series bmws. Typical Pac10 school from what I hear.

·
Registered
20,844 Posts
People call it a Nissan Primera, mostly becasue that is what the emblems say ;)

But if I tell someone I have a G20 they will say:

Ohh the luxury model of the sentra
......................or.............................
ummm...who is that made by?

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
JustinP10 said:
Must be nice :p Here at UofA there are a TON of G20s. Also a lot of Integras and 3 series bmws. Typical Pac10 school from what I hear.
Well after speding 4 years at Southern Methodist (SMU) 2 of which I had my first car, a 3rd generation hand me down 1981 VW Rabbit Desiel. I was pretty humbled by tons of BMW's, Mercede's, Audi's, Porshe's, 1 Ferrari, and a Delorian...I kid you not...a very a-typical school...It sucked to be a starving college student......

·
Registered
354 Posts
Alright..seriously there is probably like 5 g20s in all of Los Angles. I didnt' even know it existed till the day i bought mine. So yea when people ask me what car i drive and i reply g20 they are stumped. First thing they ask me if it's that new "mistubishi" car thats on the commericails everday (the Lancer) i tell them no in disgust and i pull out a picture of my baby (i'm talking about my car,,sorry honey) and show it to him..and they go "ohhhh it's a new bmw) and yea i laugh and tell them ha. The only reason people know what type of car it is would be from the emblem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Suprisingly, I have had people mistake my car for either a Lexus IS or a WRX (<-WTF?).... :confused: & BMW occasionally...

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
trbobrk said:
I'd smack 'em!

Anyway mine's been mistaken for a BMW, Merc, Acura, and Honda. :( No Lexus yet but there is still time. ;)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
when i say infiniti g20, it usually has to be followed up with an explanation of how infiniti is Nissan's "luxury" brand, in much the same way Acura is to Honda, or Lexus is to Toyota *wow, really, I thought Lexus was Italian (!)* and at that point, they're utterly confused...after that, I've learned to just refer to my car as "oh it's a nice four door nissan"

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
debadged G10

Since my car has been debadged (although you can still see the little Infiniti writing on the back window if you look close enough), I've had some interesting comments made.....

Comments like:

What year Jetta is that?

Nice Honda!

Is that the new Ford?

What is it?

...but the one that really IRKed me was:

Nice Malibu.. why did you put the body kit on it?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
i had a guy say something like, "what is that, a subaru or something?" - yeah, dude, it's an imprezza...

·
Registered
354 Posts
ahha i would seriously kick anyone's ass if they called my car a honda or suburu

but seriously our cars kinda doo look like a bmw..i kinda see it at times and kinda don't...it's wierd..

·
Registered
143 Posts
yeah people are clueless when it comes to our G's. people ask me where do you get G20 from isnt it supposed to be a Q45, some guy once when all out an said my car is a ripp off of the VW G60 which is a totally different car in a totaly different league

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Some guy thought mine was a Honda once before.

But most other people just ask me what it is and I tell them "Infiniti G20" and they are like "ahhh" - acting as if they know what a G20 is, when infact they are looking all over the internet for it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
trbobrk said:

But if I tell someone I have a G20 they will say:

......................or.............................
ummm...who is that made by?
Yeah I get that too..."Oh a Sentra with Leather"

1 - 20 of 42 Posts