Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, can someone tell me the difference between the 93 G20, 93.5 G20 and 94 G20?

·
Registered
58 Posts
differences 93-94

A couple differences I have noted from web information (accuracy?) is the 94's have R134 freon vs. R12. I'm not sure if the 93.5 have R134 or not. The 93's also have the stiffer suspension that carried over to the TOURING model option of 94-96. The standard models for 94-96 had a softer Americanized suspension.

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
tmak26b said:
Hey guys, can someone tell me the difference between the 93 G20, 93.5 G20 and 94 G20?
91-93 are the same. 94-96 are the same. 93.5 is halfway between.

Suspension is the same 91-96. I don't think there is such a thing as touring suspension. On 94-96 models, the touring package added spoiler, LSD, can't remember what else.

93.5 has R134a A/C

There was a high port and a low port engine + emissions stuff varied, don't know years.

B-boogie- once we get the correct info it needs to be in the FAQ.

·
Registered
710 Posts
93.5 Went to:

Dual airbags
No motorized seatbelts
6 speaker system
Front power seats (in leather)
Keyless entry
195/65 14 tires (touring may still be 195/60)
Still High port engine
No AIV
R134a coolant in A/C
New RE4F03A Auto Trans is in there

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
On the 91-93 G, the intake cams have a more aggresive profile on the intake cam. So depending on what year you have, this will be a simple but effective way to increase power.=) As for the rest of the changes, it's mostly cosmetic.
(Remember intake cam ONLY.)

·
Registered
58 Posts
HP difference?

MR. RYTE said:
On the 91-93 G, the intake cams have a more aggresive profile on the intake cam. So depending on what year you have, this will be a simple but effective way to increase power.=) As for the rest of the changes, it's mostly cosmetic.
(Remember intake cam ONLY.)
Did this cam result in any HP differences? or was the less aggressive cam compensated for in other areas maintaining the same HP rating?

Were there suspension differences? I thought I read elsewhere on the G20.net that the standard suspension from 91-93 carried over to the Touring models.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Re: HP difference?

WTB_95G20t said:

Were there suspension differences? I thought I read elsewhere on the G20.net that the standard suspension from 91-93 carried over to the Touring models.
No suspension differences. Same thing.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Re: HP difference?

WTB_95G20t said:

Did this cam result in any HP differences? or was the less aggressive cam compensated for in other areas maintaining the same HP rating?
I don't know exactly what changed for the engine to maintain the same hp rating, but the changes made plus the more aggresive cam should make for a nice gain in hp. =)

·
Registered
58 Posts
LSD, folding back seat

I know the Touring models came with a limited slip and a folding rear seat, did any 93.5 have these? Or was there a 93.5 TOURING model?

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
other things to note..

My 93.5 does NOT have keyless entry..

The 91-93 had an older style ABS unit (newer one in 93.5-96)

The 91-93.5 had the same grill while the 94-96 had a different one. Other cosmetic things... the 91-93 had black molding, 93.5 started with color body molding. The 93.5 still had the black handles while the 94-96 had the chrome ones.

There are other differences too.... 94 and up had a better passanger motor mount that was refined. My 93.5 has the newer one now.

...plus some other things that I'd have to ask the tech about but I know when I bought it I was told the 93.5 was a better buy than a regular 93 because of some of these changes like the ABS unit (I guess the older one tended to fail around 120K)

·
Registered
628 Posts
A380Driver said:
93.5 Went to:

Dual airbags
No motorized seatbelts
6 speaker system
Keyless entry
Still High port engine
No AIV
R134a coolant in A/C
I have a 93.5 but still have the AIV stuff

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
smeared lines

Apparently, it all depends on what date the 93.5 was made.. I think even the shop manuals are wrong in some of the cases (I was told this).. because I had a few of the pre 93.5 parts on my 93.5 that have since been replaced... (IE. some part that takes care of shifting somehow where the old one did not have proper housing coverage and allowed water into it and shorted it out sometimes when trying to get into 2nd gear -- I don't know the name of the part, only that it was on the driver side and I saw the physical differences.. the shop manual said all 93.5s had the newer style but that wasn;t true) .... my guess is that Infiniti/Nissan used the old parts up to a point before going to the newer style on things. I do have the new trans but was told that some 93.5s don't... I thought my trans was shot but found out it was just this silly part instead (thank god)....

·
Registered
616 Posts
Another small difference - the 1991-1993 G20s had a lighter orange on the turn-signal parts of the taillights. For '94 Infiniti went to a darker red-orange.

Basically from HERE to HERE.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
A380Driver said:
93.5 Went to:

Dual airbags
No motorized seatbelts
6 speaker system
Keyless entry
Still High port engine
No AIV
R134a coolant in A/C
My 93.5 Doesn't have power seats or leather.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
DaPCWiz said:

My 93.5 Doesn't have power seats or leather.

he meant if u had leather, they were power...on my 93 i have leather but no power

JAS

1 - 20 of 52 Posts