Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not exactly new to the forum but i still havent a clue what the difference between a p10 and a p11 is. can someone please fill me in. thanks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Here it is

G20
'91 -> '96 = P10
'99 -> '02 = P11

Primera
'91 -> '96 = P10
'97 -> '01 = P11
'02 -> '?? = P12

I heard that some countries had the P11 Primera as early as '96, but I don't know if this is true or not.

So that you don't have to ask the question that you will probably wonder next; Nissan decided to sell the Primera as the Infiniti G20 in the United States. This is good because G20 owners have a greater choice of Japaneese and European aftermarket parts than they would otherwise. The G20 is only available with one engine, the SR20DE, while the Primera has other options. There's much more that could be said, but no one really wants to read it.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Aside from the styling differences, the other major difference is the suspension. Although the front suspension is almost the same, the rear suspension on the P10 is independent and the rear suspension is a "multi-link beam" on the P11. As for which one rides/handles better, that's subjective. I've rode in both and I couldn't really tell much difference between the two.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
b-b00gie said:
P11 is the newer G20 body style (99 to 02) and P10 is the older body style...

Actually... let me correct myself...

P10 and P11 refer to the chassis family. P10 is the older chassis family and P11 would be the newer. They do not identify a specific body style. There are additional codes which make this distinction.

For example, the 4 door P11 with trunk is known as the HP11. Where as the 4 door with hatch/liftback (not available in the US) is known as a NP11, also the 4 door wagon (not available in the US) is named WHP11, etc...

Similarly the 4 door 91-96 G20 is an HP10.

Most of us are too lazy so we just say P10/P11, but the models sold in the US are HP10 and HP11 specifically..

·
Registered
626 Posts
the G35 is the p12. its a sick car if you like preformance but the p11 was so much nicer looking. they shoulda put the 3.5 engine in the p11 with 18" rims, now that would be sweet!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Re: o.k.

Stealth said:
the G35 is the p12. its a sick car if you like preformance but the p11 was so much nicer looking. they shoulda put the 3.5 engine in the p11 with 18" rims, now that would be sweet!

Chris said:
so I guess instead of calling it G35 it is just the new Primera in europe huh?

Umm, no. The Infiniti G35 we have here is the Nissan SKYLINE in Japan. It's not the same Skyline (as in GT-R) that we all drool over, but it's a great car in its own right.

The P12 Primera is a completely different car. The P12 will probably be never sold here, but it's still sold in Europe and Japan with a variety of engines (QG series, mostly).

If you wanna see both cars, check out: www.nissan.co.jp/CARLINEUP

or more specifically:

Skyline: www.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE
Primera: www.nissan.co.jp/PRIMERA

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Primera is still front wheel drive, and the HP out of the QG18DE (one of it's available engines) is...damn. I was gonna go look it up on the site, but it's having some kinda problems right now. I'll check back later. It's probably about 150hp or a little less, I'd guess. Probably about as "buff" as our engine are now.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Skyline looks good..ooh, I'd like to own stock in Nissan right now. The new 'mera: Back end looks like a '98 protege. Echh.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Okay, I was right and wrong. The engine is QR series, not QG. So basically what I was asking in other posts (can we put a QR engine into a G20) might actually be possible, because the P12 uses QRs of varying displacement...2.0~2.5L. The power estimates are about right though. Approx 145~155hp or so for the base QR engine. Not bad, but not great either.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
He He... Thanx ya'll!

:rambo: You guys have cleared out one of my questions for me! I've been wondering about the whole P10-P11 thing! I guess I own a P-10, since I have a 92' G20... Now can someone answer me this: IS THERE A BODY KIT AVAILABLE FOR IT?? :eek:
Will the HotShot CAI and Header fit it well? Can I do anything with the yellow part of the tail light?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hotshots CAI and headers are a good choice and they will fit fine and are good mods. Body kits are very expensive because you either need to make your own or get one imported from Japan. I think the cars looks fine by itself. Why not add performance instead of looks, we dont drive hondas here.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You thought it looked like a mazda? I thought Hyundai (if thats how you spell it, who cares anyway...) right when I saw the new primera...where did they come up with that anyway? the P11 body was beautiful.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts