Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am buying a Silver G20 Sport in the next 2 weeks.

I want to put 17 x 8 wheels under this car. I think the offset I need will be 45-48. I also want to put 235/40/17. Tire height is 24.4. The tires will be Bridgestone RE01-Rs. I know the tire height is fine it is the rim and tire width I am checking on.

For the guys that are running 225/40/17s or 225/40/18 I want to know how much side clearance you have. The back of these cars look like they have the space to run a wide tire.

Link to tires
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?make=Bridgestone&model=Potenza+RE-01R&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&partnum=34WR7RE01R&tirePageLocQty=&partnum=34WR7RE01R

Wheels will be
Advan RGII Silver
Gram Lights in Grey Silver
Gram Lights Maximum Silver
Rays Engineering Team Daytona 707 Silver

The car will be getting Tein Coilovers and the car will be lowered 1.5 inches.

I need as much tire as posible because I wll be putting in a SR20VET with 425-450 WHP and a 6 speed gearbox.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well I dont like that to much and it has made me make up my mind. The car looks nice but the rims look to big on the car and I dont want rubber bands for tires.

Right now it looks like 17 x 8 with ( +42 to + 45 ) is going to be the rim size for me.

Now I need to see if 235/40/17 will fit or will I have to stick to 225/40/17

I will try and get intouch with the guy and see what he is saying thanks for the help any other info from anyone will be great.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I was actually thinking about a 215/40/17 front and a 235 for my rear since it's a 17x9.
havent had a chance to get into it, I'm afraid of rubbing issues. :(

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you guys realize that by putting a larger tire on the rear of the car it will cause it to handle like shit.

A FWD car general trait is to under steer under hard cornering. This means in a corner the car will try an go straight. This mean no traction in the front and traction in the back. By putting larger tires on the back you are only increasing the these problems. I know most of you are doing this for the look but it is a terrible idea.

For me I will run the same size tire. To get better traction I will have 30 PSI F and 40 PSI R. This will allow the rear of the car to have slight less traction and have a much more nuetral car.

Please back on topic. Need opinions on 235/40/17 width fitting under thw G20 with a 42-45mm offset.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
i def. know that with a 40 offset the 235/40r17 just hits the back of the front wheel well, even with the 40 offsetm 225/45r17's dont fit but i pulled back the plastic well and it fits.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
See the sticky "Suspension FAQ" at the beginning of this forum. It lists all of the rim and tire combinations that will fit.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I already got someone to come over so I could look at their car.

There is 2 inches of space behind the back wheel with 205/50/16 G20 Sports wheels

In the front there is about 1 inch of space.

235 tire is 3/4 inch wider than the 205 tires so fitment is not an issue.

I now have to find what the offset of the stock G20 Sporet wheel is and then I will have all the info I need.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
G2BENVD said:
i def. know that with a 40 offset the 235/40r17 just hits the back of the front wheel well, even with the 40 offsetm 225/45r17's dont fit but i pulled back the plastic well and it fits.

Yes, I definatly know this, but I'm not looking for any performance gains out of it.
I just simply wanting nice wheels to cruise around town with.
And these wheels I picked up are teh sex, so I think I can live with the understeer.

And If I wanted wheels to do anyform of racing with, it sure wouldn't be 17s on a P11.
I honestly think those are too big for the car and 16s are good enough.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
im running 225/50/16 on stock sport wheels, and there is def room to spare before they hit the fender/wheel well. im lowered a bit on eibach springs. I think i need to shore up the rear beam somehow....my p10 outhandled my p11 no doubt, and i think it's the rear beam being loose (from the factory)...you will find that the rear feels disconnected from the front and the ass end tends to wander on high speed corners (really does nothing for confidence).

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ugly said:
Im running 2225/40/18 and it fills it in. ..cant fit a finger and it rubs a bit.
Please tell me what is the size of your rims and offset on your rims.

Also how much clearace do you have on the front inner sides

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
G2BENVD said:
Your the guy I want to talk to.

Please PM me your phone number and I will call you or call me at 305-282-3643.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
^^^ based on Ak1's set up, this is the most extreme's i'd attempt, maybe a few mm difference in the offsets:

Volks Formula Mesh
17x8.5 + 33 front 215/ 17x 9.5 + 33 rear 235

maybe a 9" front tire is possible, but 8.5" seems like plenty.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts