Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of times do you guys think I'll be running after the NOS install?
Here's the setup:
JDM 10:1 motor, Place racing CAI, Hotshot header, 2.25" cat back exhaust, CM stage 3 clutch, Fidanza flywheel, UR 2 pulley set, MSD 6AL ignition. I will fluctuate from 80-100 hp wet shot that is individually tapped into each runner. I am just curious and I would like to possibly know what to expect. I know it could vary because of driver, conditions, traction, but let's just say decent driver, nice conditions, and drag radials. Just a guesstimate would be appreciated. TIA

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
What type of NOS setup, JWT? Also, any dyno numbers or times before the nos?

Initial guess depending on how much your car weighs, maybe mid to high 13 if everything's tuned properly?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am running a NOS 5030 Direct port wet system. Each runner is tapped with a fogger nozzle so each cylinder gets the nitrous distributed evenly and the proper amount of fuel is also added to ensure you don't lean out. I think it is alot better than the JWT NOS because it does restrict you. I have heard of stock block SE-R's spraying 125+ hp with no problems. I have not dynoed my car yet, but when I start to tune the nitrous I will definitely be there to fine tune the jets. That's good to see someone say 13's because alot of guys around here don't respect the SR20 and say I will still be in the 14's. I am really hoping for a 12.9 if I run slicks. I think I'm gonna shoot for it until I get it or blow the motor.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Well, from everything I've read/heard the JWT systems are a lot more efficient and will give you a couple extra ponies, over a regular nos setup. They are also a lot safer as they monitor more to make sure nothing goes boom. I'm not sure I know what you mean when you say the JWT system restricts you either?

If you've never run you car, or dynoed it before, I really couldn't give you an accurate time.
Just a guess would put you probably around 140whp or so? Although it really depends a lot on the motor, could be as low at 130, or as high as 150, i really don't know. Figure 140whp would put you right around a mid 15, then an 80-100 shot of nos would probably cut 1.5-2 seconds off your time, if everythings running properly. Although it may not even do that, it really all depends on the car. I truthfully wouldn't be suprised one bit if your car ran a 14.xx 1/4 w/ the NOS. A 12.9 is a VERY LONG shot, you'd most likely either have to run more nos, or lighten the car to obtain that, maybe both. There are too many unknown variables right now to give you a good approx time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK Thanks. What I mean by the JWT program restricts you is that 100 hp is the max and it scares me when I think of a 100 shot spraying through one nozzle because there is no way it can distribute evenly so one cylinder will run lean. I know the JWT system should shut it off because of the air/fuel reading, but let's just say one cylinder runs lean and another runs rich the air/fuel would stilll be the same as a car that is fine on all cylinders because it only monitors at the O2 and the computer doesn't know the difference and then BOOM goes the motor. If you had a O2 on each cylinder then it would be alot safer. I like a direct port wet system because first you tune the car w/o NOS and get the a/f tuned perfectly and then you just inject the NOS how ever much a of a shot you want and you don't have to worry about fuel delivery because the proper amount is mixed and distributed evenly in each cylinder. JWT is a nice setup for alot of people, but just not for me. I'll keep you posted after I dyno and go to the track.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts