Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend is offering to sell them, but he got em from someone else who doesnt know what they are, they have toyo proxies 205/40/zr17 they are 17x7 and have two differnt 4 bolt lig patterns (i assume 4x100 and 4x114.3)
The ris and tires are brand new (were installed on car but no miles) tires still have blue and red striping from factory, and the crap on the spokes is a residue left from the tape, I think i should be able to goo gone it.

Anyway what is an appropriate price for this set of 4 rims and tires never used

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
The tires alone are 400 dollars at the cheapest. I bought those exact tires and after a lot of shopping my total was like 388 after being mounted and balanced.

Then you have to add the wheels...

Demon

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Demon- I was looking at the tiring sizing thread: http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9687

and it looks like with my 01 p11 touring i have 195/60/15 - 24.2"

but with these 17" rims and the 205/40/17's its gonna be:

205/40/17 - 23.5" diameter (35-45mm offset required)-reinforced sidewall recommended

will these tires work safely and properly on my g20 with no change to speedometer or other things like that

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
In my p10, the speedo was not the same, although it was close.

There is a calculator out there that will tell you how much off your car will be, but you can easily do the calculation yourself. All you need is to figure out the circumfernce, or the height, of the wheel with the tire.

So, your stocks are:
2(.60(195mm))+ 15 inches
234mm+15 inches
615 mm

And the new ones are
2(.40(205)+17 inches
164mm+17inches
595.8 mm

So, the wheel with the tire will be about 2cm shorter, and about 3 percent off.

So, if your speedometer says you're going 100, you're actually going 96.8 mph; at 60 your actual speed will be 58, and at 30 will be 29.

Not too bad.

Now, although these tires are about 3 percent shorter, they are also a bit wider, so I don't think you'll have any concerns about safety. I think it's more important to check the air pressure than to worry about a minute difference in the surface of the wheel touching the ground.

The only difference I think you will notice is ride quality, as before you had 234mm of tire height, vs 164 now. That's the biggest difference, you will only have 70 percent of the tire "cushion" that you had.

Hope that helps.

Demon

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, great explantion, btw do you think these rims with these tires will be good, in pats suspension sticky he says that I should look into reinforced sidewall tires, Most of my driving is highway, but im in city driving (philly) some, but i am already supercareful goin over bumps and around potholes

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need to make a choice on these or wait, any info/sugestions

1 - 9 of 9 Posts