Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

Got my new wheels fitted tonight!! hurrah! I'll post you some pics tomorrow when its light!!!

Anyway, Question is:

What PSI should I be running at on 17inch rims, should it be the same as the stock wheels? any advice would be apreciated.

Many Thanks
Kev

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have 205/40R17's and run 35PSI front and 33 rear. I haven't noticed any abnormal tire wear yet, but i've only had them on a few months.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks my friend, I'll get them checked out and sorted in the morning

Kev

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Cue-Ball said:
I have 205/40R17's and run 35PSI front and 33 rear. I haven't noticed any abnormal tire wear yet, but i've only had them on a few months.
Sounds like a good place to start. I run somewhere around there too.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Tirewall states a maximum of 44psi but obviously I'm not going to run them at that :)

I Think somewhere around 30-32 should be ok, I'll set em up today.

Many Thanks
Kev

·
Registered
218 Posts
30PSI seems awfully low to me. I run higher than that in my motorcycle tires! I can't believe that you're not wearing the outsides of your tires running that low pressure.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cue-Ball said:
30PSI seems awfully low to me. I run higher than that in my motorcycle tires! I can't believe that you're not wearing the outsides of your tires running that low pressure.
My point exactly. My 205/40/17 tires wear about 10x faster at 30 psi, so I keep em at 38 or so. And with such a low profile and low air pressure, you are probably much more likely to suffer rim damage (at least on the roads around here).

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Tires MAx out at 44Psi so I think 38 is pushing it a little.... looks like 33-35 is the best bet, for me at least.

Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
29 Posts
Kev, I run 214/40 W17 like you, and find that 35-36 psi seems to be good. Over the past 6 months they have been wearing evenly and look and feel right.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey again,

I went to the garage and put some more air in my tyres.

35psi up front

33psi at Rear

that little extra takes away the sag look on the tyre wall..... lovely

This should be added to a FAQ somewhere

Cheers
Kev

1 - 12 of 12 Posts