Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to the drag strip and was very disappointed. I never dragged race before but I have watched. I never really knew exactly how to launch my P11 optimally. First run I tried at 3K and I thought I got alot of wheelspin...so second run I tried like around 25-2750K.....I don't know why I thought that this would help but it made my 60' times worse...so my friend said to go higher since he said that I'm bogging...so I tried 3500K and it did make an improvement.....but the track closed so I couldn't try a 4000K launch...Anyways all and all I sucked ass at dragging...The best time I got was like 17.5 because the 60' time was still sitting around 2.7~2.9 which is horrible. Oh and my car is completely stock except the ACT pressure plate. If I get that damn 60' time down I can get into the 16s which would be normal.

Also is there any special techniques to launching a FWD car? Tips and info would be much greatly appreciated...TIA

Next time I'm going to try 4000K launch or maybe even higher or lower......I'm also going to lower tire pressure to try and get alittle better traction.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
http://www.se-r.net/car_info/fwd_launch_tips.html

Here have a good read of that. You are right though those 60' times are killin' ya. Gettin those down to even an OK 60' of like 2.2-2.3 would get you into the 16's.

What was your trap speed btw? Did you change your tire pressure at all? Lowering that is supposed to help.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link...I checked that site out last nite after I wrote this thread....Man I'm on a mission now to get some better times.

Trap speed was 80mph at my best...I didn't lower the tire pressure but I'm going to next time....probably 24psi...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Really?

wow
I have definetly drag raced before, (in my completely stock) G20, and I launched it a REDLINE! shit....works good for me, other than so much tire spin my car drifts from left to right trying to gain traction....however, I have dusted these cars off the line:

1989 Peugeot 405 mi16
1996 Audi 90 quattro
1999 Audi 1.8t

Fuck Audis!! haha...

peace

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Re: Really?

Ctd 586 said:
wow
I have definetly drag raced before, (in my completely stock) G20, and I launched it a REDLINE! shit....works good for me, other than so much tire spin my car drifts from left to right trying to gain traction....however, I have dusted these cars off the line:
Uhh.... redline is a tad bit high to launch our cars. I'd recommend probably trying something like 3500-4000rpms lower. Also, slipping and dumping the clutch makes a big difference. With a good launch there's just the littlest bit of wheelspin, nothing major, just a very little bit. My last time out I dropped my 60fts from mid to high 2.4's to LOW 2.3's, and that's still with a little bit of bog off the line. Read what's on se-r.net and then practice and modify your launch from there, that's a very good starting point, although since it varies on every car, you'll want to find what works best for you.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
How about launching my auto p10. I would I go about that.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
fatboyz921 said:
How about launching my auto p10. I would I go about that.
Just hit the gas right before the light turns green =)

I don't know what yellow to go on, i'd probably start with the last yellow, but just see what yellow works best for timing, I don't know how long it takes for the auto to start moving after you hit the gas.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some of my friends tell me I should launch like you said around 3500~4000RPM but they also told me I have to ride the clutch alittle....so should I drop the clutch or ride it?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Well, for me, if i slip the clutch I can feather the wheelspin a little better, if i dump it, it either bogs or spins.... although slipping the clutch with the act/lightened flywheel combo is almost like dumping it on a stock car. The act clutch is pretty touchy, almost like on or off. It just depends on the driver. Myself, I prefer to lightly slip the clutch, although if you slip it too long then you run the risk of frying it.:-\

1 - 10 of 10 Posts