Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rockford fosgate amp. its a 2 channel amp 25x2 watts RMS continious power into 4 ohms..and im using a pioneer deck 50wX4 and its 22X4 watts RMS..my question was simply if i should bother using the amp just for the 3 watts RMS..

it doesnt say what the max for the amp is..so should i hook up to the fronts? the fronts are 4 Ohms 35w RMS;200W max..

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone? yes or no? plz

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
100z2

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
yes use the amp. amps put out much cleaner and reliable power then those tiny HU built in amps. if at all possbile, actually turn off the internal amp on the HU.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool thing..thankz mike..i just didnt want to go out n buy wires for no reason..

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
he only has a 2 channel amp tho... if he turns off the internal amp on the headunit he will only have sound in the front from the amp. what model # is your headunit also?

if the amp is old and the headunit is new... it may have a better signal to noise ratio (although alpines are typically underrated. my punch 250 puts out 419 watts)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea the amp is rather out dated..the head unit is relatively new Pioneer..even though i jus realized that pioneer just unveiled this years HUs. i guess i'll buy another 2 channel amp for the rears..and upgrade my alternator..

·
Registered
595 Posts
amp

is it a punch by any chance...?if its a 2 chan "punch" a 25watt punch is better than most low power big name amps..........ive had 2chan puch amps as long as ive had a system in my cars..... sometimes i thought the amp was useless but to my suprise bladow clarity ..only if its a punch...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep its a punch..cool now im lookin forward to hookin it up..

·
Registered
796 Posts
GDub26 said:
yea the amp is rather out dated..the head unit is relatively new Pioneer..even though i jus realized that pioneer just unveiled this years HUs. i guess i'll buy another 2 channel amp for the rears..and upgrade my alternator..
I just looked at those HU's. They still have yet to release the new 9xxx and 8xxx series of head units. I wouldn't stress too much, usually they wait two to three years to update them (unless you have one of the lower line units). Which is true for most head unit manuafaturers. The higher end models are too expensive for most people, so they get upgraded less often (but they usually get the coolest features).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts