Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to check out a '99 P11 5 speed tomorrow and I need suggestions of specific P11 things to check out aside from the usual used car stuff. It has 110k on it. Thanks

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Maybe check the front door jams by the hinge for rust from collected [leaves] if I recall the P11 is a bit different there. The rest should be about the same inspection as a P10.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Gaps

Hood/trunk/doors.....check Those Gaps Make Sure They Are Even.....too Much To 1 Side Or The Other .....its A Possible Hit

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to check for worn motor mounts too. I couldn't think of anything else that would be P11/SR20 specific though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy Hell! I was planning on checking the oil on the dipstick and looking in the oil filler cap and I'm taking a flashlight as well. Wow, that has got to be the crudiest SR20 I've ever seen. I posted in the off-topic section to see if anyone could run a car-fax but didn't get any response. I guess I'll just drop the coin for a report. Def worth it for peace of mind.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
yeah, for an investment that big, carfax is totally worth it. so that guy in the thread bought his P11 from a dealership, and it came that way. he got f*cked, and already bought a new motor. some guys also opt for compression tests, and i heard you can take any car to AAA, and have them do a unbiased inspection.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
P11Gdub said:
yeah, for an investment that big, carfax is totally worth it. so that guy in the thread bought his P11 from a dealership, and it came that way. he got f*cked, and already bought a new motor. some guys also opt for compression tests, and i heard you can take any car to AAA, and have them do a unbiased inspection.
Good to know! thanks :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Touch rubber tube that comes out of PCV valve and follow it and give it a squeez. If it is dry, that means oil has gotten in it. It means two things: 1. most likely car was not serviced properly, so it may just be change the PCV valve and no more oil should be leaking in or 2. too much blow by, possible bad rings or some other costly issue.
Good luck.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, got there before the place opend and it's a no go. :thumbsdow I didn't even drive it or get in it. Rear bumper scuffed and scratched up and light hit under pass. side tail light, and light is busted. Bumper cover popped out on rear pass. side, hole in dirty drivers seat. B&M and Stillen stickers on rear window and a Dynomax muffler. Probably worth the $, but not the one for me. Maybe someone else around Philly would go for it....http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=211323843&dealer_id=57988155&car_year=1999&model=G20&num_records=25&make2=&start_year=1998&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&search_type=both&distance=50&make=INFIN&color=&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=19464&advanced=&end_year=1999&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=28

Based on the "quality" of the other cars on the lot, this one probably came from the auction, not a trade in. Glad I didn't spend for the Carfax.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Too bad it is getting hard to find 1999 G20t in good shape. Hopefully that car will eventually be a parts car...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
justin243 said:
check for any oil leaks and check cv boots, to c if they are torn
Nope, just the outside of the car. That's all I needed to see. I'm not saying it's beat and it certainly isn't a "parts car". It was $6,950 for almost two months and the guy just dropped the price down to $4,995. Worth it at that price, but IMO $6,950 is out of line for this one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts