• 18 heavy pimpin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some suggestion for wheel style, brand, and size.
i need some economical wheels, no radical volks racing or other imports, and no heavy bling-bling chrome. i need light, stylish wheels that will improve handling and looks. please, any suggestion welcome, including assocated tire hints. feel free to post pics of you wheels.

i'm leaning towards 15 or 16 inch wheels. sure, 17 or 18 looks tight on acura, hondas, blah, but on the euro style infiniti i think it looks dumb. 15's are on the smallish side, but more affordable, i may just buy some used '99 g20 rims, why not???. i also like white kosei k1 racing rims, they're tight. whatever, help me out all

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
15's are cheaper and the tires are WAY cheaper than 17's. So you can get more tire for your money. Also there is a better selection of R compound tires for 15" wheels.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
If you're looking for something to compete on, then 15's are the way to go. For competition, I use 15 inch Saab wheels with Falken Azenis 205/50/15 on them. Lots of grip. Also, tires for 15 inch rims are not too expensive. The 15 inch Azenis are around $50 which beats the Azenis for 16's or 17's from $80 and up.

The Saab wheels look pretty bland though. But as far as looks go, most 15 inch wheels are pretty small looking anyway. That's why I have a set of 18's for looks. ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay, what looks best?

okay, i definately realize 15's are affordable

my friend likes i'm crazy for looking at 15's tho, competetion beside, what comestically looked best. i know bigger is usually better, but with a few exceptions, big wheels look funky on a G20. Those 18's on the previous post are tight cuz of their design. but some designs, especially chrome, look good.

But i like the balanced look that a lot of bimmers have with 16s. The important part i've noticed is the sidewall ratio, or the series #. The stock 60 is way too tall, the 35 on 18's too thin, but those 205/50/15 tires would be sweet and maybe look good. what do you think 15s look a ride, 16s? 17s? 18s?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Like Jason & Mike said, if it's truly performance you're after, go for the 15's.

Personally, I'd get something in a powder-coated black. Even in 15's, it looks menacing, purposeful & it shows off them nice DISC brakes (that last comment was for any Civic owners who may be browsing our forum:cool: )

You'll save TON$ over time in tire costs, less likelyhood of some snot-nosed bling-bling gangsta wannabee stealing your rims, and have cash left for the other kind of mods that REALLY work.

Regards, Don

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm going with 15's then

so line up all this, and I got a simple choice, i'm going with 15's, possibly 16's if i find good light ones. cuz in 16's i can get yokohoma parada tires. anyway, if anyway hates on my skimpy wheels, &*&# them, i'll get a strip of road and burn their asses. and i like the part about the disc brakes, the G has some huge brakes, and look better than a 4in wide, 1 mm thick disc, or more than likely a drum brake on a honda.

I probably going with KYB AGX, or GR-2 shocks and trying to find some B+G, but i don't know from where? anyway have a site? then i'm changing to performance brake pads, and maybe some slotted. any other wheel/suspension change to make or suggest?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Re: okay, what looks best?

indyinfinitidriver said:
what do you think 15s look a ride, 16s? 17s? 18s?
I've got 205/55/15 on my 95. I was going to try 195/55/16 next year.

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
note:

If you get into some serious autocrossing where you need to replace tires a few times a season, you'll be much happier with 15s since they are so much more available and better priced than 16s.. 16s are sort of going out of style and more is available in 17s than 16s for the most part because lots of cars sport 17s like BMWs and Porsche's but 15s are a huge standard for Honda, VW and others so there are plenty of choices...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts