Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 WITH 80K NOW CAR IS GOOD CONDITION ONLY THING THAT MADE ME DECIDE TO GET THE CARFAX WAS THE ENGINE BAY WAS BLACK BUT THE CAR WAS GREEN....

CARFAX
63000 miles 2 owners started in arizona ended in florida, first owner wrecked it with frame damage in mar 04 and sold it in apr 04, thats about it

Mar 04
Collision Repair Facility
Arizona Frame inspection performed
after an accident or other incident
Frame damage reported
Damage to right front pillar
Damage to left front

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lmao
suggested blue book says 9,395
what do u think thats blue book assuming no crashes

whats the max u suggest i go for if i get it.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
$6K, with that kinda carfax report, it has very little resale value.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I just wouldn't buy it personally.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
^ exactly. dont touch it.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I think you're kinda missing the point...

Even if you got it for 1k, it's still like dude...

You'd be riding in a car that had possible serious frame damage, and being damaged and fixed, isn't the same as never being damaged at all.

In otherwords, yeah, you might save a ton of cash on a car that may ride like a champ, drive as if it were new, but if you get pushed into something, or crash into something, crumple like a piece of paper since the structual integrity has been compromised.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so that is worth what to u? i dont need it i'm just seeing what is reasonable to offer on it cash take it or leave it.

i am still going to get another g asap this would be a 3rd for whatever good price since its got this past history.

when i had the suspicion and did the carfax i already knew this was not the one for me but being what it is i could prob get it at a decent price.

·
Registered
127 Posts
unless u know how to work on cars and check the frame and engine extensively, i wouldnt bother with it.. i can imagine all lights go off one day and it'll be a pain in the ass to bring to the mechanic.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
ok well if they replaced everything properly even frame damage is surmountable. it also depends on how much damage was done. like the carmax says take it to a good shop and have it looked over. they should be able to tell you how bad it was and if it was repaired properly. I would Kelly blue book its trade in value and offer no more than the lowest amount. and in this case thats about $3500

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
SgtDGun said:
ok well if they replaced everything properly even frame damage is surmountable. it also depends on how much damage was done. like the carmax says take it to a good shop and have it looked over. they should be able to tell you how bad it was and if it was repaired properly. I would Kelly blue book its trade in value and offer no more than the lowest amount. and in this case thats about $3500
Not all frame damage is visible without significant labor to explore around, which is costly. KBB trade-in value is too high for this one. Just find another one, you'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
well he knows where the damage was right front pillar and left front. also easiest spots to look at the frame. check it out. pay someone to look at it and make your decision. chances are the owner will reject your low price and hope for a sucker to come by anyway. there is one born every minute.

·
Registered
957 Posts
$0 dollars a no cents! it's not worth it. i dont want to see a post of a dead gnet member cuz the car gave in at a particular spot that had been weakend before.

frame damage is a big nono. -.-

·
Registered
46 Posts
If your looking for a g20 i know of atleast 4 that are in va beach that are for sale and one of them is at a dealer ship that i got my g20 from and i can hook you up with the sales man that i worked with how is a buddy of mine. just let me know.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts