Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's a good muffler for the SR20, I've seen some Universal mufflers on Ebay, are those ok?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
universal mufflers are garbage..they either sound raspy or will drone out ur car on the highway..get something like a magnaflow/greddy sp

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
t bags said:
universal mufflers are garbage..they either sound raspy or will drone out ur car on the highway..get something like a magnaflow/greddy sp
i dont know what you guys are talkin about...
i have an OBX universal and its awsome. deep tone,
low growl at idle, and no drone at highway speeds.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
njprimera said:
i dont know what you guys are talkin about...
i have an OBX universal and its awsome. deep tone,
low growl at idle, and no drone at highway speeds.
x2..obx is probably the best in quality out of the ebay muffs'''actually the ws2 knock off sounds better than my $189 apexi ws :rolleyes:

·
Registered
128 Posts
it also really depends is u have good piping (crush bends or mandrel bends) and whether you have a good resonator on it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Get the real OBX round dual tip stainless steel muffler. Otto makes the same kind. Ebay has alot of bogus OBX mufflers where the "OBX" name is not embedded on the canister.

www.procarparts.com sells Otto mufflers in different styles at reasonable prices.

I agree that you'll get what you've paid for...if you buy junk...you'll get junk

·
Registered
32 Posts
did anyone have a problem fitting the obx muffler on say a 93,it looks real good but it has the 4.5 outlet,which doesnt look like it would fit in the factory exit on my car.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I got a Forza which is made by obx and I love it! I have a 2.5 piping with no resonator and a catco cat with a stillen header and it does not drone on the highway. It is the oval type of canister. I got it for about $80 from dynamic turbo down here in South Florida.The serial number is HR08-30C

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
I have the GReddy catback system and it sounds fantastic.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
thats cheating...greddy muffler are the best sounding muffs ever made

1 - 20 of 22 Posts