Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 99 G20t with 19' Axis NE-O's. Just wondering which springs are best. I am looking for some tucking in the rear, but no rubbing, and I am hoping it wont ride like a lowered Civic. Poss?
Something like this would be great!

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Dirty Sanchez said:
I have a 99 G20t with 19' Axis NE-O's. Just wondering which springs are best. I am looking for some tucking in the rear, but no rubbing, and I am hoping it wont ride like a lowered Civic. Poss?
Something like this would be great!
Your best bet would be the JICs. They have a shortened strut body and will be your best bet for a serisouly lowered ride and good ride quailty.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Well the rims are really huge if they are 19"s...you won't really need to drop that much....JIC I heard are pretty rough since they are race suspension...I would have to say G/C...for the money its not bad...JIC if you have the money but you will get performance...

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
TY423 said:
Well the rims are really huge if they are 19"s...you won't really need to drop that much....JIC I heard are pretty rough since they are race suspension...I would have to say G/C...for the money its not bad...JIC if you have the money but you will get performance...
If you heard from luke that they are really rough it's because he got uprated springs. I don't think the original ones will be too bad.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
The JIC SF-1 and SA-1 are "street performance kits" according to them.

The higher end "race" stuff is not available for our cars... ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
"Street performance" for sure! Just stay away from the train tracks and construction zones. Once you get these bad boys on, you can enact the double + 10 rule for corners (eg 20 mph = 50 mph).

·
Registered
142 Posts
DShaft: I have a couple questions about your SF-1's. What happens when you go over traintracks? And how harsh is the ride around the city?

I'd also like to know what springrates you got. As I recall, the SF's come with the non-adjustable dampers, correct?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes the SF-1's are non-adjustable damping rate. I got 10 kg/mm in the front and 8 kg/mm in the rear. The ride around town is stiff, but tolerable to me. I just go slow over the train tracks. The stiffness of the ride is totally forgetten once you get to some sharp curves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts