Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did alot of looking arround for the info but i couldn't find anything...

I understand that it removes the speed limiter and the rev limiter... but what else would i be really getting it for unless i was really doing a N/A setup.

what are the gains?

anyone have any dynos?

even on their website, it didn't have any numbers or anything on there....

·
Administrator
5,852 Posts
DragonEye said:
i did alot of looking arround for the info but i couldn't find anything...

I understand that it removes the speed limiter and the rev limiter... but what else would i be really getting it for unless i was really doing a N/A setup.

what are the gains?

anyone have any dynos?

even on their website, it didn't have any numbers or anything on there....

http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16497

ECU:

The premiere tuner for Nissan ECU’s is Jim Wolf Technology. JWT can reprogram your stock G20 ECU for a variety of different applications. They can account for a change in injectors, MAF, the addition of cams, nitrous, a turbo kit, and even a different motor! They also can raise the rev limiter, remove the speed limiter (if there is one) and account for most changes in emission equipment.
Example: If you have a DET, you cant use the stock ECU because your DET uses bigger injectors, and so the fuel setup is different then stock, JWT will program your ECU for larger injectors, thus providing more fuel, etc.

- Jon

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know i read that... but what about on like a stock motor or something?

would this only be good if you already have a wide range of mods done?

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
markbuts3 said:
No point on a stock engine or even with quite a few mods really....

ok, so i should wait for something bigger like a turbo, or a N/A tune or something like that that i really want to take it basicly "the next step up"

I had a VW 1.8T and i am used to people chipping their cars and then getting an extra 20HP from it lol. so i was curious if this did something similar (for a normal motor) but obviously not to a 20HP change.

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
The only things you need to reprogram the JWT ECU for are a new MAF, injectors, fuel pressure, compression ratio, turbo etc. Basically anything that would change the fuel maps. IIRC the reprogramming fee is $100. If you get S-series cams it's worth it to get the JWT ECU for the raised idle, redline and elimation of the speed limiter.

- Greg -

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...ok so some say it is better and some say its not worth it untill you get major mods...

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chris, i was thinking about just doing that since i want to do the twin charger anyways, but i need to get a shop first or someplace that i can work on it first.

·
#1 cop hater
5,318 Posts
MrFancypants said:
The only things you need to reprogram the JWT ECU for are a new MAF, injectors, fuel pressure, compression ratio, turbo etc. Basically anything that would change the fuel maps. IIRC the reprogramming fee is $100. If you get S-series cams it's worth it to get the JWT ECU for the raised idle, redline and elimation of the speed limiter.

- Greg -
there is no speed limiter on g20 ecus
they generally do not remove rev limiters
they will adjust it on request and ask you to sign a wavier
they will remove it at request as well

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
randyo156 said:
there is no speed limiter on g20 ecus
they generally do not remove rev limiters
they will adjust it on request and ask you to sign a wavier
they will remove it at request as well
That's only on OBDI ECU's, or at least, I know the P11 has a speed limiter. I would expect the lowport P10 to as well, but possibly not.

JWT never made me sign a waiver for anything.

- Greg -

·
Registered
358 Posts
If your state requires visual smog inspections, the JWT ECU cannot be detected (unless you're throwing a check engine light). Also, it helps you get a little more out of other bolt-on mods (or no mods) by tuning your engine for higher octane gas. I think it's a fun plug n'play mod (unless you have a '99) that will always get you some more hp even though you can't show it off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts