Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,
So my car smells like garbage. I went to In and Out last week and got a double double with cheese and some fries. i put the bag on my passenger seat while i drove back to work.....well, once i get back to work and lift the bag, i notice that the grease from the burger had saoked through the bag on onto my suede seat. I am pissed off since i can't clean it at the time since i was at work. so i get home, and the grease had dried.....no big deal i think, i will just have to clean the stain out.

well the next day i get im my car to go to work and it smells like there is a dirty shity diaper under the seat or something,,,,,it took me a while before i realized it was the grease from the burger that had soaked into the seat.

So please help, how the hell do i get the grease smell out of my seat withough ruining my leather? it's almost unbearable

marty

·
Registered
430 Posts
or u can take it to ziebart and have them shampoo the who interior. otherwise ur gonna have one clean seet and the otherones and the carpet are gonna still be blech.

·
Registered
430 Posts
yeah if ya ever seen supersize me i dont think ud ever eat fast food again. i know i dont.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That is the wonderful odor of rotting animal fat. I am not sure, but can you take the whole seat out, and remove the cloth from the seat? I would imagine that would be the best way to get the stain out, that way you can get the suede from both sides and also hit the bare foam with some lysol or something to help kill the bacteria.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay,
I found the source of the smell, it wasn't the grease on the seat, it was a got damn sippy cup with chocolate milk under neath the seat. yummy curdled chocolate milk, uuummmm uuummm

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Last summer, my wife bought groceries including a container of tofu which rolled out of the bag under the passenger seat. Several weeks later, it exploded. We have yet to get the smell out. Was my nicest G, now I avoid it and let the kids use it. Eventually I'll have to pull the seat and go at the carpet more seriously- total PITA. My elderly father-in-law also has a poorly managed incontinence problem- usually put a towel on the leather, hasn't been a prob yet, but constantly worry about it.

I'm also looking at getting a wrecked G from a junkyard- interior was perfect cloth, but it has collected a little water in the footwell and now smells a little mildewy inside- any way to correct that problem?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts