Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I always thought it was a roll for when you hit your bumper on a curb or something like that, problem is the tow hooks usually hit first. Other people say it helps in weight distribution, others say it is a harmonizer (for vibrations?) I have no idea at all....

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
sometimes if you run out of money you can take off your bumper and hang clothes on that. they dry faster on the freeway

·
Registered
52 Posts
im not sure if your talking about on the front or the back but i found one on the front of mine the hard way, slamed into the back of a lifted truck and it should act as a minor bumper to bumper support so if you barely hit somone it doesnt crack the middle of the bumper. course i cant test that cause mines on the highway ;)

·
Pining for "DMSentra"
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oooh, that's bad. :teeth:

The front is what I'm talking about, don't know if there's one on the back too or not. I can't figure what it's for. The bar is WAY stouter than the brackets or the core support it bolts to. Seems if it was to be a backup for the bumper it would be pretty much the same strength as the brackets and such. weird.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
markbuts3 said:
Let me help you figure it out....it's a vibration damper.
te first time i saw it i knew it was just that. tahts why i didnt care if i took it off. i really doubted whether that thing would actually keep my whole car from shaking. plus i did my solid mounts so i know it was gonna vibrate anyways.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts