Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find this but what is the part number or does anyone have the setup on their P11? If so, then which ones did you have to get and what spring rate and stuff....please give me info TIA.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Give GC a call they should have this on file. I could have swore that I had the spring rates around somewhere but I looked and can't find them.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dude..I called them yesterday...they told me $499 for the set....Could anyone find any other better price for these? The best I got from my shop was $425 or so...and thats not even including tax...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh and also what spring rate should I get....should I get the same as the Sentra SE-R guys? no right since our cars are much heavier especially....well GC told me 400/300 which is abit stiff...and the SE-R guys seem to use 300/200 which sounds more reasonable for streetability. Please give me input on your opinions and if anyone else have this setup on there P11...well and also P10.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Dont forget our P11 are about 500lbs heavier than the SE-R's. So 400/300 might be a good choice. However I've seen some spring sets seting up a higher rear spring rate. I really have no idea. :( I'm going to be debating this decision next year. If you think that 400/300 might be too stiff then get 340-60/240-60lbs springs. :-\ Also the length of the spring is quite important too. You might be able to get a softer but longer spring.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I just put in a order last week and I'm sure GC should recommend a good setup and they know how KYB AGX shocks are....so I'm not too worried. Just can't wait to get them...I got my rims this saturday and put them on...looks nice...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am sooooo pissed....I think either Ground Control or my shop got me the wrong kit.....I got a 95-99 Sentra/200SX kit...I didn't think of it much and took it home....Remember that the front shocks are 95 G20 AGX shocks and the rears are 95-99 Sentra/200SX.....so the rears fit but the fronts don't!!! The front pair are made for the regular Sentra/200SX suspension but ours is totally different!!! Going to see whats up tomorrow....this really sucks..

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They messed up my order again....AGAIN I returned it and waiting on it....they sent me the 97+ Infiniti G20 but made for the stock shocks....it requires me to knock off the stock perch but the KYB AGX shocks I'm using have welded perches so pretty much impossible unless I do some extra work.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey P11GT....Kevin...I finished the GC/AGX couple days ago....I finally got the right set for the fronts....so anyone with a P11 and want Ground Controls order the 95 G20 front set and the 97+ Sentra/200SX rear set....JUST LIKE THE AGX SHOCK SETUP!!!.....Ground Control does sell a kit made for 97+ G20 but its made for the stock shocks and won't work on KYB AGX shocks.

Well drove around normally for a couple days now and feels good...have settings at 2/3...The fronts I have it at the lowest spring height setting possible and the rear still has 1~1.5 inch more to go lower. I'm rolling on 18x7.5 rims and 215/40ZR18 tires up front.....the fender gap is right on top of the tire. Problem is that since the tire is so close that when I corner hard or hit a bump hard the top of the tire touches the underside plastic guard thing. This can be solved by cutting it where the tire touches but I don't plan on keeping the car this low forever...just rolling this low for fun. I will take pictures tomorrow and will post it up soon. The ride is nice and the AGX soaks up the road nicely...of course it's still alittle bumpy but thats expected with stiffer springs and performance shocks.

Installation of the front GC was very simple and everything fit in nicely. They do however cost more than regular GC because it comes with a new upper mount for the front set.

The only thing thats kind of a pain in the ass is to get the allen key to fit into the adjusting ring to tighten and loosen for adjustments. The fronts can be adjusted by lifting the car but you don't have to take the tires off. The rears however need need the tires to be taken off unless you want to get under the car and adjust it from there which would be a PITA.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Thanks for the review Ty, just one question for you, your G is a P11 right? Well you know the rear shock, was the stock shock held in place by a collar at the top of the strut, which bolted to the chasis from inside the wheel arch? i distintly remeber stripping out the contents of my trunk, thinking that the strut was held in from there, only to discover an hour later, that all i had to do, was remove the rear wheel, and unbolt the strut from inside the wheel arch. I just need to know that the fitting process is the same for your G.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't quite understand what you mean....The rear shocks definitely need to be unbolted from inside the trunk....you have to remove the side panels inside the trunk to get to the bolts to unbolt the struts. Can you take some pics or maybe I'll try and take some pics.

Here is a pic of the rear with GC in. Link to pics on Yahoo.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
The links not working Ty, but HERES a picture of mine. Now you see the top of the strut, the plate? well theres actually nothing there. No hole. The two little bolt holes you see dont actually go thru to the wheel arch to outside. So i wasted my time removing all the stuff you see lying around my trunk.

After i removed that road wheel, i noticed the the strut was held up using a collar type of fitting. The coller fits over the end of the strut, and has two bolt hole either side. You then place the strut in position, then bolt thru the holes in the collar, into the bodywork, thus securing it to the car.

It does look like mine fits different to yours.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OMG you are right....thats weird....is yours a hatchback 5 door? mine has a big hole where the upper mount comes through just like the fronts.....Can you take some pics of the rear brake area? I want to see if the suspension is at least similar to the USM P11. I wonder what the JDM P11 rear suspension is like...I'll take a picture of what mine looks like and post soon...

Kevin do you guys get H&R there? Some years ago when I first got my car I went looking for G20 springs...but noone made them yet....so I looked harder and found the 97+ Nissan Primera springs from H&R....I'm not sure if this is the Euro version or the JDM version. If so then this GC kit should still work.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can anyone else click on the link and see if it works? I tried it right now and it worked...I set the album as public...I don't understand why it doesn't work for you....try again...maybe it was down..

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Mine is a 5 door hatchback, so that maybe why. Maybe i just use the same collor and fit it in conjuncton with any new suspension??

We do have H&R over here, aswell as Eibachs, do you want some? let me know, i can hook you up with some. oh ive got a picture of my stock spring next to my eibachs, if you wanna take a look, email me at [email protected] and ill attach it for you. You may be able to tell if these are euro springs, and if they will fit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts