Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is the story......
I was doing some major cleaning of my interior. I was cleaning the drivers side of the car and i was down under my steering wheel vacuuming some dirt and i looked under the gas pedal and there is this little block with two screws in it. it is factory. it stops the gas pedal from going any lower. would anything be benefited from removing this or would it actually hurt something. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
20,839 Posts
SPNumber3 said:
would anything be benefited from removing this or would it actually hurt something.
It makes the pedal only down to full throttle, removing it would make it go further than full throttle, which is actually less than full throttle because of how it works. Therefore if you remove the block, when you hit the gas all the way down, you won't be going full throttle anymore.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
this is a kind of related question... is there any way to change the position of the gas pedal, like make it closer to the floor? its too high now so i have to kind of hold my foot up in the air the whole time im driving. i guess i could go get some platform shoes...

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
SPNumber3 said:
anything be benefited from removing this
TAKE IT OUT!!! TAKE IT OUT!!! It will give you atleast 5-10HP. It'll make your car go much faster. Do it! Do it! Do it!

:cheeky: Sorry! Had to! I just remember reading a thread about someone telling the thread starter that he needed to remove the spacer because it was a governor of sorts that the manufacturer puts in to limit how fast your car will go! :tired:

:lol: Bwahahahaha!!!!:lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts