Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got a good wheel cleaner they like?

Hopefully a good Spray on 'n Wash off. The toothbrush is not cutting it. It is however cutting and scraping the sh%t out of my hands.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Formula 2000

There is this stuff formula 2000 that is green and SUCKS stay away from that , imho I say you cant go wrong with any MacQuires stuff....

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Eagle One A-Z Wheel Cleaner works well. I use it on my white rims and it does a decent job. You always have to wipe off the excess brake dust that the cleaner can't get, but I'm sure with wheels other than white you won't have a problem w/ that.

·
Registered
218 Posts
atomic-G said:
Eagle One A-Z Wheel Cleaner works well. I use it on my white rims and it does a decent job. You always have to wipe off the excess brake dust that the cleaner can't get, but I'm sure with wheels other than white you won't have a problem w/ that.

I second the Eagle One A-Z.

·
Registered
710 Posts
SECOND that on the P21S...great shit. And its all non-abrasive, not like other wheel cleaners that eat away at the clearcoat on your wheels.

Remember, that your wheels are just like the finish as the rest of the car...soo treat it like that :) If all else fails, just use normal car soap that you use on the car. Also, clean with a very soft rag. I use those sheepskin mits. I keep one for doing the car, and one for doing the wheels.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I agree with the others on the Eagle One A-Z. I've been using that for about a year and its by far the best cleaner I've ever used. Give it a try.

Jim

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Nothing but Simple Green touches my wheels if they are really grimy. Plus you can use it to clean your motor and it works great as a degreaser.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I bought a used 92 G20 and it looks like the previous owner never cleaned the brake dust off the wheels. It looks like there was a chemical reaction with the paint and aluminum and the stuff looks like it is permanently bonded on. It looks like rust color mixed with black. I tried brake cleaner and it took the thin stuff off but some of it looks like sandpaper and won't come off. Is there something that will take this off or do I have to get the wheels sandblasted or can I sand it off myself without ruining the wheel. Do they sell some special paint in a spraycan that I could use to repaint them myself?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wheel Wax

There is this stuff I used on my wheels called Wheel Wax . Formulated specifically for wheels. Best wheel cleaner I've ever bought. Protects them from all elememts (salt especially). Dirt slides right off the next time you clean them. Try it to believe it. I sound like a freaken salesman

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I second with Simple green.. I live by that shit!!!! Never use it straight though..

As far as rim paint... the color is called argent silver.. You can get it in rattle can at many auto places, on the internet, Ford sells it in a rattle can to retouch up the pony wheels (same color) you can also get it custom mixed at any auto paint supply house for professional Base Coat/Clear coat application (ask for Chrysler Argent Silver) You can also buy it at www.eastwoodcompany.com (do a search for argent wheel paint)

Your best bet for refinishing it to have the whole wheel sandblasted and primed with a self etching primer (paint won't stick very well to aluminum without a rough etched surface to adhere to) or take it to a professional body shop and have them repaint it.. PPG makes a great single stage paint and they shouldn't charge you more than $150 to repaint all the wheels inless there is a lot of prep work needed..

I have the same problem with brake dust "baking" on to the surface.. If I felt it wasn't a complete waste of time, I would repaint all the wheels as one of them is curb checked.. But also another of the wheels is bent so I figure I'll get a new set eventually...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts