Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my car to tire kingdom this morning to have my new tires finally put on and they just called me saying that they can't take off the current tires because they need a wheel lock key. The guy told me that I should have given it to them when I brought my car in but I dont even have one. Im a little confused but shouldnt a tire place have something like this?? Should I maybe try another place that does tires?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
A wheel lock key is made specially for each set, so your lock has its own unique key to remove it. I own a tire shop and we have a key lug removal socket, but once you removal the key this way it is crap, you can't use the lug anymore.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
it depends on the wheel locks you have
if they are just generic tuner lugs, then they should have something that works, but if they are actual wheel locks, then most tire places will not have a key for that, those keys are unique for each kit you buy. Where did you get your wheel locks from?

·
I Gots More NISMO Then U!
2,913 Posts
what Marty ask will help. If it's an oem locking lug any Nissan or Infiniti dealership will have a master key set, but they will prob ding ya to take them off. Im assuming you dont have any locking lug nut key?????

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well they are the wheel locks that came when I bought the car over a year ago and the thing that I am most confused about is that I have had my tires rotated and balanced 3 times since i've had the car and have never had that problem before. When I picked up my car a few hours ago the guy there told me about a tuner shop down the street that sells wheel locks and wheel lock keys so im gonna head over there tomorrow in the AM and see if they can help and if that doesnt work I guess I'll have to call Enkei or something.

·
Registered
44 Posts
if you ever lose the key, you can try hammering a bigger socket over the lug and torque it out.... hahahaa :eh:

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
long shot, but maybe the pevious owner was smart enough to leave the wheel lock somehwere inside of the car, look in the glove box/trunk/bag with jack in it

·
Registered
656 Posts
Agreed. It's probably rolling around the trunk somewhere. I had the same issue, they told me that they can't take off the tires because I didn't give them the lock. I knew I had it, they just didn't look for it. Lazy. It was in the spare wheel well with the jack.

·
Administrator
5,863 Posts
MoTown said:
Well they are the wheel locks that came when I bought the car over a year ago and the thing that I am most confused about is that I have had my tires rotated and balanced 3 times since i've had the car and have never had that problem before. When I picked up my car a few hours ago the guy there told me about a tuner shop down the street that sells wheel locks and wheel lock keys so im gonna head over there tomorrow in the AM and see if they can help and if that doesnt work I guess I'll have to call Enkei or something.
Err, thats odd. Is this the same place you had the tires balanced and rotated? Also the lug nuts might not be Enkei lug nuts.

Take a snap shot of your wheel if you have a chance. If you've never needed one before when you had it balanced or rotated they might be pulling your leg.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts