Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, so I got my wheels and everyone is liking them, in my opinion a little too much, so I get on to the topic of locks. I currently have tuner lug locks but I want the highest quality locks I can get, maybe 1 per wheel. I have heard of Gorilla etc... but I'm not sure if they are any good. Anyone know of any good ones or what do you guys lock your wheels with. Thanks.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have used the Gorilla locks on 3 different rides and have never had wheels stolen. I use the type that replaces EVERY lug nut. So every nut is a lock.

Of course if somebody wants them bad enough they'll just take the whole car. I think the locks are a minor deterrant but better than nothing.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I just got my Motegi 17" Gunmetal's and I want them to stay on my car. I have tuner lug locks but I think they are a standard lock that comes with the Motegi's. They come with a key and they might be sufficient but I want a lock that is more rare and tougher to remove.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I had the gorilla wheel locks...never used them though hahahhahahahha I'm getting tuner lugs...where every single lug is a lock.

So hopefuly those will do the job.

I dont' know but I've heard gorilla often...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have those tuner locks/lugs, where all of the lugs are locks. That's why I want a different one on every wheel. I have seen it before and it looks more difficult to steal. This way the guy would have to have 2 different keys to have my wheels.

·
Registered
80 Posts
McGard

I have the McGard SplineDrive lugs. They rule and they are still in good shape, unlike my Gorilla lugs which rusted out in 4 months. Nobody can get any of the lugs off without the SplineDrive tool and then one of them on each wheel has a lock pattern in it as well.
McGard

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have heard nothing but good of the Gorilla Locks. I have a set of wheel locks but I have no idea on the brand name, they just replace 1 lug on each wheel.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
I've got those McGard spline lugs too. I love them. Got them protecting my stock wheels for now. I still got 'em. ;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Gorilla for me. Those tuner lugs aren't really locks, they just have a key that goes over them to put the (lug taker-offer) thing on. Pretty much all tire stores carry these so I wouldn't consider it a lock. Just a little different from normal lug. I' pretty sure that the wheel thieves allready have this little key.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts