Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got new tires about a week ago and since one of the old ones had to be replaced about 2 months earlier, I kept it (just the tire). I am now looking for a wheel to mount it on so i can have a full-sized spare. I'm planning on going to a junkyard and finding one, but since i doubt there are many G's in the junkyards near me, I was wondering what other cars I could pull the wheel from.

·
Registered
138 Posts
you can probably find one from a prelude or accord, as long as its 4 lugs...but the offsets might be a little off..but then again i wouldn't reccomend rolling on this spare for a long time, just until your able to replace it with your normal wheels.

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
pretty good...

the junk yards in my area want $75 for the used P10 rims.. which I feel is a rip off...

After my Alaska road trip, I'll gladly sell my 14" spare with tire on it for $25 to get some space back!!! -- mind you it isn't pretty looking but it is funtional!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not looking for a p10 wheel. I'm looking for any wheel that will fit. I've got the stock wheels with Yokohama A550 tires. The spare that i'm trying to find a wheel for is a Dunlop P60 A2. Hopefully i won't have to spend much (if anything) at the junkyard if they're willing to take a trade. I've got 3 other tires, all brand new, all spares off vehiicles we no linger have. The 15" from my former car, the 95 Camry. The 16" Goodyear from the 4Runner which my mom rolled into a ditch on the side of 59 last June. And the 13" from the 19' pop-up camper trailer that was attached to the 4Runner when it flipped. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
o.k.

well don't forget to do some digging on ebay too.. you can sometimes get some really good deals on wheels there!!! A set of new g20 rims sold there for $275 a while back and there is another set on there right now.. I'm sure you can find other wheels there with the right bolt pattern and offset too if you do enough digging/research!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
P10_G20_Kenny said:
I'm not looking for a p10 wheel. I'm looking for any wheel that will fit...The spare that i'm trying to find a wheel for is a Dunlop P60 A2...I've got 3 other tires, all brand new, all spares off vehiicles we no linger have. The 15" from my former car, the 95 Camry...
So among other things, you have three 15'' inch tires and you want to use one as a full size spare, correct? Here are cars with 15 inch rims you should find in the junkyard:

G20's use 114.3 x 4

Similar:

Saab 900 '85-'89 (15 Inch) Some had 108mm though but you can tell these 'casue there's a small 5th hole.

Nissan Maxima '85-'88 (15 inch)

Nissan 200SX '84-'88 (15 inch)

Honda Prelude '93-'96 (15 inch)

Honda Accord '94-'97 (15 inch)

Mazda RX7 4 lug '86-'88 (14 inch)

I made a long list with more than this but I forgot where I put it. Pretty much any 4 lug, midsize Japanese car will be 114.3. If you are going to a self service junkyard, just find a one of the cars listed above and try different wheels on those cars. If they work on those, then that means it will work on the G20.

:)

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
also

The 15" rims from the '89-'94 Nissan 240SX rims should fit too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mike.Com said:

So among other things, you have three 15'' inch tires and you want to use one as a full size spare, correct?
Not quite....I have brand new tires on the stock 14" wheels on my G20. When i had these put on, i kept the best of my old tires, but it has no wheel. The other tires i have are a 13" spare from a trailer, a 15" spare from my former Camry, and a 16" spare from our former 4Runner. I'm hoping to the junkyard i go to will bargain or trade one of these for a 14" wheel to mount my best old tire on to use as a full size spare.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
P10_G20_Kenny said:

Not quite....I have brand new tires on the stock 14" wheels on my G20. When i had these put on, i kept the best of my old tires, but it has no wheel. The other tires i have are a 13" spare from a trailer, a 15" spare from my former Camry, and a 16" spare from our former 4Runner. I'm hoping to the junkyard i go to will bargain or trade one of these for a 14" wheel to mount my best old tire on to use as a full size spare.
Oh! Haha, I see. :p

114.3 x 4 - 14 inch:

Mazda RX7 4 lug '84 - '88

Nissan Stanza '82 - '92

Toyota Corolla 86-87

Toyota Cressida 85-87

Toyota Van Wagon 85-86

Mazda 626 83-87

Mazda 323 86-89

Mazda Miata 90-92

You should be able to find some of those at a junkyard. There are probably others I forgot.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Guys, you seem to be forgetting about the center bore.

·
Registered
58 Posts
honda rims

Just a minor correction:
Honda came with 14 and 15" rims 94-97
The DX and LX had steel 14"(optional 14" alloy), the EX alloy 15"
The Accord 4 cylinders still have 4x114.3 rims.

Remember to measure the center hole, the bolt pattern and offset may work but you may need to reem out the center hole (alloy only) on other rims. See post on Acura rims on eBay in classifieds.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hmm question on that. When you buy aftermarket wheels you usually get a centering ring...

What does that actually do?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts