Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, I never bought wheels for years, just run into wheel deals, n I stick with what I have.... reason why is bc, I have no idea how to go about finding proper wheel size in height and in width, and tire size's that will fit my cars.... I have a p11 with kyb stock replacements, with tein s techs(I believe)

so wat offset would be good for:
15x7
15x8
16x7
16x8
17x7
17x8
18x7
18x8
and then what tires would fit min size n max size?

is it me, or should someone should have done this by now?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
too many variables on top on just wheel n tires.... bc you have strut+spring height, camber angles, whether these things are stock or not...... I just wish I could go to a wheel shop n test fit all sizes n offsets n tires....

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
There isn't really a guide for stance wheels n stuff. Best thing you can do is search for what other have and what they are running. Some people like to run short 22" tall tires, I like OEM height atleast around 24-24.25" running short 205/50r15 tires will fit differently than 235/40r17.

·
⚓All Haters Are Bastards⚓
2,722 Posts
where is the offsets on THAT thread? don't be smart, n too lazy to know what is being asked in this thread!!!!
Take it easy breh. They trolled probably because this topic has been covered many times.

Your question is very broad. First off..if you haven't yet..you should roll your fenders. Roll the inner lips flat as possible for extra clearance.. Second..there are plenty of combos to go with..and many other factors play a role with 'fitting' those sizes you listed. The obvious are the wheel width, diameter, offset, tire size, suspension and fender/qtr panel modifications. Preference is just as important as the width and offsets etc. Judging by your OE KYB shock and S-tech combination, you probably have an inch or inch&1/2 drop. So I'm assuming youre not in the slammed category..which throws aggressive-mild tire stretching out the window..which makes your selections even easier.

In the sizes listed..with your kyb/tein set up..id suggest you not going more aggressive than +15 offsets. You could run a zero offset wheel but trust me you don't need that much poke. Heres my old set up with a 16x8 +0 on 205/40/16s all around sitting on tein s-techs and blown shocks.

Heres another old set up..staggered 17x8.5 +20 and 17x9.5 +25 with 205/40's all around sitting on factory setting BC suspension.

At this^^^ height and wheel specs..minor fender pulling had to be made.

Now with your tire sizes. My recommendations.
Skinniest tire size for a 15 x7 or x8. 195/40. That is my preference only.
Skinniest for a 16, 17 or 18 x7 or x8. 205/40. Again my preference only.

If you need some visuals of other wheels in different widths and tire sizes go to http://www.tyrestretch.com/home
If you need some calculating with how much poke or sink you'll be getting go to http://www.willtheyfit.com

Hope this helps.

-kal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.