Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My experience with different P11 wheel/suspension combos:

*19x7/45mm w/ 215/35/19 - rubbed front when turning with 3" drop... cleared front & rear with 2.5" drop & higher... no rubbing in rear even with 6mm spacer added

*18x7.5/45mm w/ 215/35/18 - rubbed in front when turning with 3.25" drop... cleared with 3" drop & higher... rear rubbed on bumper mount only when using 8mm spacer, no rubbing w/ 6mm spacer

*18x7.5/42mm w/ 225/35/18 - cleared front & rear fine w/ 1.75" drop... rear rubbed when using 6mm spacer

*18x7/42mm and 18x7.5/42mm w/ 215/35/18 - no rubbing problems at all with 1.75" drop & 6mm rear spacers

*17x7.5/35mm w/ 205/40/17 - cleared front & rear w/ 2.5" drop... no rubbing with 6mm spacer in rear

*17x7.5/35mm w/ 215/40/17 - cleared front & rear with 1.75" drop(never tested lower)... rear rubbed on bumper mount when using 6mm spacer

For the record, I never had any rubbing issues with the rear fender lips... the only problem I've had is with the rear bumper mount itself when using some spacers. I have since grinded my bumper mount down by 1/4".

Also, spacers are not needed for any reason other than to visually widen the car's rear track... I like the way it looks.

mep

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It would be really cool if others would respond to this thread & list your wheel size & OFFSET, tire size, & ride height. Also link to a picture if you have one... but please try not to fill up the thread with humongous pictures :D

mep

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
wel I know I dont got rims but since no one is responding and I think this is a good idea for a thread...

Ive got stock tires and the car dropped to about 3.5---mep could prob. correct me if Im wrong-but with GC Ive only got about a quarter inch left I can go down so it shoud be at 3 to 3.5......with no rubbin issues what so ever....

Pics down below....

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Wheels: 18x7 O.Z Superleggeras
Offset: 38
Tires: 215/40/18 (Yokohama Parada Spec 2s)
Ride Height: LOW (JIC SA-1s on maximum height setting in front)
Misc: 5mm spacers in rear for looks

I had some major fender rubbing issues in the front with this setup (removed fender lines & rolled fenders to correct it) and still to this day it rubs on dips on the freeway and out of driveways with the wheel cranked. This is a result of the JICs though as I didnt have this problem with my Eibach Pro-kits.

Wheels are practically flush w/ fender and slightly tucked.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I just ordered a pair of wheel spacers for my primera..
They build 5 mm each, and I was just wondering if I need longer wheel studs with em or not???

Hopefully 5mm will be enough to get the rear set of wheels to look a little better..

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
Moldvarp said:
They build 5 mm each, and I was just wondering if I need longer wheel studs with em or not???

Hopefully 5mm will be enough to get the rear set of wheels to look a little better..

I got them on too, but, I don't have pictures... :( 5mm in the rear, and I didn't extend my bolts, no problems so far (been about 5,000 miles now... ) :)

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
17" Konig Verdicts on the lowest setting of the TEIN N/A Coilovers.

205/40R17 tires, no rubbing at all, no issues whatsoever, just a clean 2" drop tucking front and back tires.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Moldvarp said:

Been waiting for these since August.. I'll say.. shipping isn't one of AST Performance shops strong side...!

Anyways.. I haven't put them on yet.. as they are intended for the Kosei K1 racing summer wheels.. But.. I took some pictures of them..! And I'm having big doubts if 5 mm will be enough.. :/
I'll try them on with the winter tires tomorrow..

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, old thread... I could probably triple the fitment list by now.

paNX2K&SE-R said:
Anyone run 17x8 w/35mm offset on a P11 before?
Not me... I've fit 17x7.5 et35, & 17x8 et40 though. 215/40s will fit if you're willing to "massage" the front fender lips a little bit.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just bought a set of 17 x 7 with 42 offset for my P11. I'll let you know how they fit once I get them and the Tein coilovers fitted.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Actually, went to pick up the wheels yesterday and the seller had no 17x7 so has offered me 18x7.5 for the same price. I will post about fitment once those are on the car.

·
Registered
963 Posts
16x7.5 with 215/40-16 (forget the offset) when I had Scott's (Sco0terzsl) Ronals on for a few days they rubbed a little bit on rear passenger side fender lip (did the same on his car) but not the left)

16x7.5 with 215/40-16 (40mm offset i believe) no rubbing issues.
same wheels with 205/45-16 no rubbing either.

suspension: Tein S-tech springs, AGX shocks

... just now realized that it said p11 in the title ... i'm retarded

1 - 20 of 25 Posts