Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have a 94 g20t and i always though it was obdI and obdII didnt start till 96
but in a recent thread about jdm swap
akuma810 said:
requirement yes, but some manufacturers started implementing it as early as 94. I think nissan was one of them, since the ecu's are swapable between 94-96
so is my 94 really obdI or obdII

·
Registered
20,791 Posts
you are obdII. Nissan was one of the first to impliment the obdii system. It wasn't required until 96 so the port is hidden under the glovebox.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SWEEEEEEETTTTT. got any idea where to find a obdii cable that i can plug to a computer and what software to use. i got my carputer so it would be cool to get this to work also.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I had the consult software and cable currently on my '94, prior I had the OBDII software and cable... Over all the Nissan Consult port is the way to go, less headaches and good support.

·
Registered
95 Posts
hey if im not mistaken your car is an OBDI because i have a 95 G20t and it is OBDI, so i would image that your car would be and OBDI not OBDII

·
Registered
95 Posts
No it isnt when i took it to get inspected they only did a saftey check and they only dod that with OBDI and they told me that it was an OBDI

·
Registered
20,791 Posts
inspection stations won't use the obdii port unless it is a 96+. They probably don't even know it is there.

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
FullMetal30 said:
No it isnt when i took it to get inspected they only did a saftey check and they only dod that with OBDI and they told me that it was an OBDI
They told you wrong. Your car is OBD- II. I don't know what you mean by safety inspection only. In NY the difference between OBD-I and II inspections is that the II are not run on the machine for emissions testing. All OBD-I have to have the crap beat out of them by running on the machine. OBD-II just get hooked up to a computer.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Well yours is the only one in the US then LOL...

Have a look under the glove box area there will be an OBD-II connector aswell as the Consult connector under the fuses. You'll also find a crank sensor on the front of the engine that isn't fitted to an OBD-I car (The red one on the right of these pics... http://www.brazosport.cc.tx.us/~lshadoff/turbo/drill.html )

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hamzer11 said:
They told you wrong. Your car is OBD- II. I don't know what you mean by safety inspection only. In NY the difference between OBD-I and II inspections is that the II are not run on the machine for emissions testing. All OBD-I have to have the crap beat out of them by running on the machine. OBD-II just get hooked up to a computer.

See that is the difference i live in NC not NY

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hmmm I always thought mine was OBD1 for some reason.

I think the port where you hook it up is right underneath the dash in the passenger side, correct?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts