Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is a car consider as not a stock car anymore? That is a question that I would like to know! What is the biggest part of modifications that a car would consider a non stock car? Panel of experts please reply =) :) :lol: ;)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Do you mean as far as the stereo in the car or is this a general car question?

·
Registered
311 Posts
When it's anything non-standard really. You can only have a completely stock car when everything is standard. I suppose it depends on how harsh you want to be with deciding what "stock" is

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
...mmmh..

I'd say when you lose major Stock parts and replace them by aftermarket ones... parts such as: The engine (or its components), the air-fuel intake/exhaust system (pipes, manifold, header, cat), transmission, brakes, suspension. I'd say everything else are just for show or performance... lights, wheels/tires, body-kits, height mods, seats, wings/spoilers, systems, shifters, dashes, gauges, carpets, etc...

Hey maybe the paint job too could be a big NON-STOCK mod!! :lol:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd say when you lose major Stock parts and replace them by aftermarket ones... parts such as: The engine (or its components), the air-fuel intake/exhaust system (pipes, manifold, header, cat), transmission, brakes, suspension.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I agree Fray;) That was I'm trying to say :whistle: :rolleyes: you explained it well:x

http://hometown.aol.com/ronnieg357/myhomepage/personal.html

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I say you're completely stock even if you've got intake/exhaust and even headers. All those are considered bolt-ons. You've officially "modified" your engine when you've done exactly that: opened up the engine and started doing things like porting/polishing, overbore, etc. I'd like to say my car is "heavily modded" too when I've spent over $1000 on bolt-ons, but officially speaking, I don't think it's modded unless you get waaay down inside.

So you added on 100+ hp with your bolt-ons and N20. Hey, are you stock? "uh...yeah."

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
FF Drifter said:
I say you're completely stock even if you've got intake/exhaust and even headers. All those are considered bolt-ons. You've officially "modified" your engine when you've done exactly that: opened up the engine and started doing things like porting/polishing, overbore, etc. I'd like to say my car is "heavily modded" too when I've spent over $1000 on bolt-ons, but officially speaking, I don't think it's modded unless you get waaay down inside.

So you added on 100+ hp with your bolt-ons and N20. Hey, are you stock? "uh...yeah."

So with I/H/E you didn't have to modify anything? :surprised

I think any modification to improve the car's handling, acceleration, or braking would make it a "modded" car. Intake, header, exhaust, lowering springs, etc.. would make it a "modded" car, IMO. But then again, what do I know... :monkey:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Well of course you mod those things (intake/header at least, i heard the stock exhaust is hard to improve on, performance wise). But I don't take these as actual modifications to the engine. They're "bolted-on" to the engine, and as such are mods to the intake/exhaust system. Suspension kits..yeah, I guess those are mods too, but if I had a 100hp NOS kit and someone asked me if I had engine mods..I'd still say.."huh what? nah"

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
You mokeys. =)

The first thing you change from stock or stock replacement and your car is no longer stock. Period.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Geo said:
You mokeys. =)

The first thing you change from stock or stock replacement and your car is no longer stock. Period.
Hehehe! Well Said!

=)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts