Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just pondering something while looking over the new SCC and the pictures of the JWT Maxima clutch kit and TODA flywheel for the 240 to Silvia DET conversion. When is it necessary to replace the pilot bushing?

Reason I ask is I just replaced my clutch at approx. 52,000 miles. I replaced the pressure plate, throw out bearing, and disc, but not the pilot bushing.

It did not even cross my mind while I was sitting there looking at my flywheel.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I didn't change mine when I did my clutch and my car had more miles than yours did when i installed the clutch. I wouldn't worry about it, I don't know anyone who changes them.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
NismoPC said:
I was just pondering something while looking over the new SCC and the pictures of the JWT Maxima clutch kit and TODA flywheel for the 240 to Silvia DET conversion. When is it necessary to replace the pilot bushing?
I our cars? Never.

The only function the pilot bushing serves in our cars is to location the clutch alignment tool. I'm serious. The bushing will not even slip over the end of the input shaft on the gearbox.

There have been several threads on the SE-R Mailing List on this topic. If you'd like another opinion or read more on it, search the archives there.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: When is it necessary to replace pilot bushing M/T?

Geo said:
There have been several threads on the SE-R Mailing List on this topic. If you'd like another opinion or read more on it, search the archives there.
Oh Geo. The SE-R Digests. I shouldv'e known. My bad!:crosseyed

Thanks for the info! I did not think it was an issue, but noticed that some places sell them along with the clutch kits and just started wondering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts