Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off, i've got two broken wheel studs, gatta replace those asap since its a 4lug wheel. where can i get em? will a standard nissan stud fit? Also, when i cut hard left there is a clicking from the passanger front wheel, what gives? ive got little experience with a front wheel drive.

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
click may indicate a CV boots been bad for a while. maybe crawl under and see if grease is everywhere and if you have a torn cv boot on that side. maybe time for a new axle

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
results of not replacing it are?

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
snapping eventually. its not spendy, like 60 bucks for each side, and all you gotta do is pull of the wheel and unbolt it and it should essentially just slide out.
basically you can go without replacing a torn boot until it starts clicking on turns, then youre running a risk. im waiting to do mine until after winter so the roads wont be graveled (thats when youre likely to tear one)

mines not clicking though.
id replace it. 60 bucks isnt worth screwing up more of your car

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good point. whats the part number? also, and direction for the stud? could i stroll to my local nissan stealership and grab a stud for a sentra?

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
The right side axle is actually $120 at Autozone. ;) (I think... there might be a core charge somewhere in there. It's a bit more than $60 though.)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
none the less, its either have it break and spend a minimum of 150$ in a tow, or spend 120 bucks and nail it myself... i think the choice is obvious.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Wheel studs are a dollar or two each at any parts store. A lot of Nissan products have a similar size. Replacing studs on the car is a pain. I've done it, won't do it again.

If you (or your shop) remove the hub to install the new studs, you might replace the wheel bearing while you're in there. It's easy to do with the hub pressed out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
can i get a part number for the passanger side axle?

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Go to Autozone and they should be able to look it up in their system. It is a special-order item though, so don't expect to go in and walk out with it the same day.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha i'll look into it tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts