Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to find them cheaper than $1450 (digital racer). Also, are the struts adjustable on this set?

JP

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
JICs are pretty expensive overall and if you want 'em cheap, you'll probably have to find them used. From what I've heard, they're worth every dollar spent, so try posting this in the Classifieds section...maybe someone has 'em used or something.

·
Registered
27 Posts
JIC Suspension

I will be doing some carbon fiber work for JIC soon on their racecars, and I MIGHT be able to work something out as far as suspension prices. I am not the type to ask for much so, no promises.

Let me know who else might be interested so maybe we can work out a group buy or something.

Thanks!
Leonard
LDi Carbon

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Re: JIC Suspension

NinetyThreeG said:
I'm looking to find them cheaper than $1450 (digital racer). Also, are the struts adjustable on this set?

JP
Thats the list price. Email Luke and he'll give you a better price... [email protected] or call. The number is on the website.

The SF-1 does not have adjustable damping rates, only the SA-1 which is about $200 to $250 more.

p10len said:
I will be doing some carbon fiber work for JIC soon on their racecars, and I MIGHT be able to work something out as far as suspension prices. I am not the type to ask for much so, no promises.

Let me know who else might be interested so maybe we can work out a group buy or something.

Thanks!
Leonard
LDi Carbon

DigitalRacer tried to organize a groupbuy for us with JIC USA (Ziel Motorsports) but unfortunately they would only drop the pricing if we did a buy of $30,000 which is about 28 sets. :rolleyes: but yes there were about 10 to 12 people interested...

·
Registered
138 Posts
not sure if this helps but i saw someone on ebay selling for about $1000, not sure which series...just type in g20 in the search box and it should pull up...but i'd go through luke also, more reputable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does Luke carry the SA-1's? Are the adjustable shocks something I really need?

JP

·
Registered
311 Posts
Depends on how many track days you go to/how hard you like the ride.

Adjustable damping gives you the option of softening up for road use but turning it up for the track. Fixed damping rates are a compromise between the two.

And yup, still interested in a group buy. Still need 'em shipped to the UK.

Luke was listing the FLT-A2s in a P11 fitment, as are stillen. They are coilovers with the adjustble damping rates, they're also monotubes, but you're getting pretty hardcore at this end of the scale. JIC-magic site doesn't list these for the P11 so I'm guessing that it's a new application and Luke and stillen have got it right and Ziel haven't updated the site yet. I'd have these in a group buy any day. I also get the impression that these come with the pillowball mounts, can anybody confirm this?

·
Registered
27 Posts
A2 Pillowmounts

Yes, they do come with the pillow mounts, but JIC just informed me that they DO NOT have them available at them moment. What they do have available is the SF-1's for P11 and SA-1 AND SF-1 for P10.

Leonard

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No track for me

I will not be racing my car at all so the adjustable shocks aren't something I need from what I gather. Also, with my 17's and 205/40/17 tires, there is only enough room for me to sticky my thumb, if that, in between the tire and the spring perch (I think thats what it is). Does this sound normal? Thanks for the replies.

JP

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you guys do a group buy I'm in, I've been waiting to get the JIC's, just saving the pennies. So if and when this happens I want in.

·
Registered
451 Posts
hmmm...

i don't know if the FLTA2 will fit the P11, but i know they sure as hell don't on a P10. i remember emailing the digitalracer about the price of FLTA2 for my 94 P10, b/c that's what i wanted to get over an SA-1. they replied that FLTA2 doesn't fit our cars (again i'm not sure about the P11, but i still doubt it), so i had to stick with an SA-1:depressed :*( :-\ (no, no, no, i'm just kidding, i'm exctatic about them, they look so good, and the adjustability tool is there, mmmmmm, i'll put it on w/in the next 2 weeks and then let everyone know how the difference is) i'm not planning on dropping my car more than 2", b/c then if any lower is when the muffler has a high likelihood of rubbing when i get into the driveway.
also with an SF-1 i don't know how much your car drops.
;) :knockout:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought my JIC SF-1's almost two years ago through Auto Imaging (www.autoimaging.com) for about $1400. The price actually dropped for the JIC's when I last checked their website, but it's better to call. I think they're located in Minnesota or something like that but they arrived thru 5Zigen USA in California, so I avoided shipping costs by picking it up.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Re: hmmm...

m5dssm5 said:
i'm not planning on dropping my car more than 2", b/c then if any lower is when the muffler has a high likelihood of rubbing when i get into the driveway.
also with an SF-1 i don't know how much your car drops.
;) :knockout:
:lol: Ah ha ha...
ahh, but really, most likely you are going to be slammed. I had mine at the highest setting (i was even pre-loading the springs - which you really dont want to do) and I was barely clearing the fender. With the JICs, you will get a minimum 2" drop.

·
Registered
451 Posts
dang,

my RActive muffler is pretty low, w/ a 2" drop i'd have to be extra extra carefull.:paranoid:

freaktroll:
how much is your car dropped. i love your car... maybe b/c it reminds me of mine:p

i'm gonna put the SA-1s on this saturday. can't wait!

·
Registered
690 Posts

Did someone say wheel gap!?:-\ Again I can go about 2inches lower in front,but on the rear the perches of the springs will rub my tire if I go any lower.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
m5dssm5 said:
dang,

my RActive muffler is pretty low, w/ a 2" drop i'd have to be extra extra carefull.:paranoid:

freaktroll:
how much is your car dropped. i love your car... maybe b/c it reminds me of mine:p

i'm gonna put the SA-1s on this saturday. can't wait!
Thanks!:cheeky:
I really dont know how low it is compared to stock, but it is on the highest setting (w/o preloading the springs that is)

Here are a couple of pics illustrating the wheel gap ;)

Actually I lowered the rears to match the front, but still more than halfway up the perch!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts