Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Where does the tranmission fluid go in a 5-speed? Can anyone gimme a quick lesson on replacing the fluid or refer me to a page that can? Thanks!

-twizy

·
Registered
222 Posts
plugs

should be one plug on the bottom and one on the front that take a 3/8 drive ratchet , remove the one on bottom to remove the fluid , put it on when thats done and open the front one , not much room to fill it tho thats where you will have to get enginuitive , i take some fuel line that fits over the end of the bottle and run the line into the front hole then hold the can standing in front of the car , line routed in the space between the radaitor support and tranny , end up looking like you giving your car a IV , but its very slow and messy plan on useing 4.5 of those things of fluid i forget what its how many ounces or whatever it is , this all should be in the owners manual i think in the "do it yourself" section

·
Registered
130 Posts
i take some fuel line that fits over the end of the bottle and run the line into the front hole then hold the can standing in front of the car , line routed in the space between the radaitor support and tranny , end up looking like you giving your car a IV , but its very slow and messy plan on useing 4.5 of those things of fluid i forget what its how many ounces or whatever it is , this all should be in the owners manual i think in the "do it yourself" section

No no man, thats the hard way. Depends on what fluid you are putting in, redline is the best, but you can get one of those gallon jugs and a pump that screws down on top of it. Makes life SOOO much easier than dealing with the mess. My drain plug and filler plug were a BITCH to get off, just hope your arent the same way twizy.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Mobil 1

im running mobil one in it , no redline stuff up in alaska , probably wouldnt use it anyway . damned pump always breaks on me so i just do it this way only done it twice (32,000 and 55,000) so its not often and its hung by a coathangar so it lets me go do other stuff to the car

·
Registered
130 Posts
Cool beans then :)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
help me quick

where exactly is the fill plug on a 5-spd p10, i'm having a really tough time finding it and i need to get my tranny filled

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
i think i found it, it's a 3/8" drive that you don't need a socket for... but anyone have any suggestions to get it off cause mine is tight as hell??

·
Registered
529 Posts
I used a 18" - 1/2" socket breaker bar with an adapter for the 3/8" socket. Mine was on there hella tight too. Leverage is your friend!:)

·
el capitán Nismo
2,245 Posts
I would hope it's on there hella tight. Leverage is your friend. Be sure to tighten it good when puting it back on. A breaker bar would be best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts