Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is one by the oil filter, but I hear there is another one. The location of these two sensors is going to be important for me during this troubleshooting of my cold start problem.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
lol, wow you're covering all your bases. There are two coolant sensors, one sends the signal to your comp the other to the dash temp guage. They are located on the passenger side right next to intake manifold, kinda a hard place to get to on a highport, don't really know about lowports though....

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gomd3 said:
lol, wow you're covering all your bases. There are two coolant sensors, one sends the signal to your comp the other to the dash temp guage. They are located on the passenger side right next to intake manifold, kinda a hard place to get to on a highport, don't really know about lowports though....
Thanks, what I don't get is the importance of checking the wire that goes to the computer. That makes no sense if the guage is simply an output device.

The only problem with a coolant temperature sensor that I can figure would be the one that goes to the computer.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
well mine went out. I had to replace it, it was causing my car to overheat because it wouldn't turn on the fans when the engine got hot. I had to run it with my AC on or otherwise the needle would jump up.... changed it out it was like a $30 part and everything works great now.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gomd3 said:
well mine went out. I had to replace it, it was causing my car to overheat because it wouldn't turn on the fans when the engine got hot. I had to run it with my AC on or otherwise the needle would jump up.... changed it out it was like a $30 part and everything works great now.
hmmm...maybe that is not a direction I want to take then...

My fans turn on ok and at the right time.

Thanks for that info. At least you know where it is lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts