Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is the CPS (Crankshaft Position Sensor) located? I've searched and there was one thread with a picture, but it did not look like a P10, I have a 94 G20, please provide a picture if you can, my car is hesistating once in a while and feels like the car is about to stall at a dead stop, I think changing this might help.. thanks.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
yep, just look down where mark said. it's held on by a 10 or 12mm bolt. do you have one of the FSM's from phatg20? that'd probably help locate it, although i'm not sure replacing it will fix your problem. is it throwing a code for it? definitely don't need to go throwing parts at the car and wasting your money when a proper diagnosis would lead you to the specific part that needs to be replaced. my hesitation was fixed when i replaced the knock sensor (code 34). is your idle low all the time, or is it dipping when you let off the clutch (assuming it's a manual). adjusting base idle should cure the problem, if not, try cleaning your IACV.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lets see.. its an automatic..
dips when i brake..
cleaned IACV.. and my knock sensor was throwing a code along time ago..

·
Registered
20,918 Posts
Only after 94. It is an ODBII thing that monitors engine speed after spark events to ensure no misfires occur.

Yes OBDII in 94. It wasn't required until 96, but the p10 was one of the first vehicles in America to have it, although technically it didn't meet all the standards at the time because the odbii port is in the wrong place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts