Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
aaaaahhhh...

The OTHER ultimate question that will never die on this forum... It all comes down to this: NOT ALL P10's COME WITH THE REAR-SPEAKERS AMP OR FRONT DOOR TWEETERS!!!! OR A BOSE SYSTEM FOR THAT MATTER!!!!! I've seen a 93' P10 with regular upholstery (no leather) and no Sunroof for Pete's sake!!!! :eek: ... My 92' P10 has the luxury shit but came with Clarion speakers!!! Not all G's come equipped with the Hi-End Shiznits!! so don't bother looking for them if you don't see them!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
130 Posts
LOL, I have one in my P10, I have the leather, sunroof, and had the clarions in the rear deck. It is by the power antenna, if it isn't there, I dont know what to say. It's just a silver looking box. What was the point of that amp anyway? What was the wattage? That would be kind of funny to find out, considering I have 1600 watts back there now.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I FOUND IT!!

Hey guy i found it for you...its behind you right now.....look........you see it?...........cool beans.

(funny thing hes actually turning around to look)lol lol lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
dont look now, its coming right for us!:paranoid:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just replaced my front and rear speakers this weekend. After the new speakers were in, my rear speakers were considerably louder than my fronts. Is it safe to say that I have an amp for my rear speakers somewhere? I wasn't able to find any silver box mounted underneath my rear deck. How exactly do you spot where it is? I also discovered that the stock front and rear speakers in my 92 were Panasonics. Anyone else replace their stocks and discover they had Panasonics?

·
Registered
411 Posts
twizy said:
I just replaced my front and rear speakers this weekend. After the new speakers were in, my rear speakers were considerably louder than my fronts. Is it safe to say that I have an amp for my rear speakers somewhere? I wasn't able to find any silver box mounted underneath my rear deck. How exactly do you spot where it is? I also discovered that the stock front and rear speakers in my 92 were Panasonics. Anyone else replace their stocks and discover they had Panasonics?
the panasonics were obviouly aftermarket. the amp is hard to find. there is plenty of info on this site, so search. the easist way is to rewire them.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ok the 93.5-96s came with the upgraded sound system.

There are two amps, they are located in the trunk under the rear deck very close to the back speakers. They are the two little silver boxes. One is for the front, one is for the back.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yup, they're pretty much right under the speakers (or near under the speakers). If you can't see them there in plain sight (and they LOOK like amps, so no secret there) then your car doesn't have amps. My '92 had no amps, but my friend's 93.5 does.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
yes a 91 and 92 have one amp for the rear speakers only, it is by the power antena. the front speakers were powered by the deck and the rear by the amp. it was all clarion. if you replace your deck and just hook all the wires up the rear speakers will be louder since they are run off the amp and your system will be out of balance. and yes this topic has come up many many times. and oh yeah i have leather and NO damn sunroof, what the hell is that about

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
did anyone, when replacing your stock tape deck, see some kinda crossover or small amp back in the dash?? i had something like that connected from my stock tape deck to the rear speakers... was it put in by the guy before me or is it stock??

·
Registered
411 Posts
that sounds like the box that u put back there to bypass ur rear amp. but u would only use that if u had an aftermarket amp. so i dont no, but it is most likely aftermarket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts