Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, it's been years since I last posted here. I'm not sure if this is the right spot to ask this but, where can I buy an air intake-duct hose for my p11? I've called local junkyards for days and no one has the part in stock. I've checked online all over and it seems to be a discontinued item. I called the dealer and they want way too much for it. I found one on ebay for a 2000-2002 p11 but apparently they don't fit the '99. This is the link to it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Infiniti-OEM-00-02-G20-Air-Cleaner-Intake-Duct-Hose-Tube-165787J400-/262659263672?fits=Make:Infiniti|Model:G20

Can anyone help?
Or if anyone has one for sale in good condition, let me know. My email is [email protected]. I'm in the LA area. Mine tore and now my car runs like crap, and it's my daily so I'd like to get one asap. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,188 Posts
The 99 isn't yet a Roller Rocker SR20 so that's why the 2000-2002 won't work for you.

I thought they were discontinued and no longer available from any dealer myself.

I have yet to find one in a junk yard that isn't dry rot cracked and in just as bad or worse shape than what we already have.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, makes sense.

Exactly, even if I were to find one, it probably wouldn’t be any better than mine. After 207k miles, mine finally decided to give out. It ended up with 2 or 3 tears around it.

Thankfully the car still drives, but you can imagine how bad and uncomfortable the idle is while at a red light.
I believe the dealer quoted me $150 or something like that. For that little rubber piece, that’s ridiculous in my opinion.

The 99 isn't yet a Roller Rocker SR20 so that's why the 2000-2002 won't work for you.

I thought they were discontinued and no longer available from any dealer myself.

I have yet to find one in a junk yard that isn't dry rot cracked and in just as bad or worse shape than what we already have.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've seen them in junkyards with duct tape all around them, electrical tape and even exhaust wrap (people have interesting hack fixes for sure)
Same here, every intake hose from 1999 G20s that I've seen at the junk yards has been cracked or covered in tape. I bought a warm air intake kit for my '99 on eBay since my original intake tube was cracked and the kit has been working perfectly since I installed it 6-7 months ago. I would personally go that route only if you can't find a usable/affordable OEM 1999 hose.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same here, every intake hose from 1999 G20s that I've seen at the junk yards has been cracked or covered in tape. I bought a warm air intake kit for my '99 on eBay since my original intake tube was cracked and the kit has been working perfectly since I installed it 6-7 months ago. I would personally go that route only if you can't find a usable/affordable OEM 1999 hose.
Thanks for the advice, do you happen to have a link to the one you bought? That may have to be my last resort since these things are hard to come by.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
425 Posts
Probably want a stiffer rear mount when you get that too or accordian type coupler because for flex when it shifts. Otherwise will be in same problem in a couple weeks ifbthat. Or use the filter that comes with it but i used a copper tube mounted from maf to trans

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just had to find one for my 95 that had split open and after many months of waiting I finally found a NOS piece on ebay. It cost me $100, but you can't get them anywhere anymore so what are you going to do? Junkyard ones are probably just as dry rotted as the one you are trying to remove. Now I have to find that thing that looks like a wire loom that wraps around it because I accidentally broke it trying to transfer it from the old one to the new one. Try doing a search for mass airflow sensor boot. That's what mine was listed as.

Oh, and when you change it out prepare for your engine idle to go up since your computer has probably been compensating for the dirty, warm air that has been entering the engine ever since it broke open. I have to figure out how to adjust mine back down to where it should be now. It looks pretty complicated from I have been seeing on other sites.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Was there any adjustment to the MAF or what all was need to be modded??
I remember the adapter that the intake came with didn't fit, so there was a small gap between the MAF and the air filter, something like that...very easy to block off. Here are photos of my current intake, which is the same ebay pipe but with heat deflection wrap on it, silicon couplers, T-clamps, and a Stillen pop charger w/ K&N air filter:

http://instagr.am/p/B4--Zb8HKzV/
If you want to stay OEM, you can buy the 00-02 G20 intake hose, which only has 2 nipples (99 has 3). You can use an adapter to get all 3 vacuum hoses plummed in (think inline T-adapter would work...).

Hope this helps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts