Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys use nose mask? all the time?

I just noticed there is a very small chip (match head size) on the front of my car.

I am now thinking to buy a nose mask.
Where do you guys buy it?

BTW, infiniti said 02 G20 has smoke light.
I didn't see any light is smoked.

Thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
infinitpartsusa is pretty good. I was thinkin about getting one of those for road trips but wanted to wait and find out how hard they are to get on and off. Any help?:smoke:

·
Registered
133 Posts
They aren't too bad getting on and off. It's pretty difficult the first time...but once the leather gets warm from the engine it stretches out a bit and molds to the car. It comes in two pieces. The top, which clips under the hood and extends about 4 inches on the hood is the easiest part to get on. The bottom piece screws into the wheel well. If you look inside the front of the well you will see a screw there...thats it. Once you know what you're doing it takes about 10-15 minutes to get it on. The first time it took me about a half hour because at first it seems that it is too small to fit the car.

It works great but I seem to have a problem with it flapping around at highway speed...anyone have this problem

Sorry about the long post,

Jim

·
Registered
424 Posts
If you use it probably, you will not scratch you paint. By probably I mean always wash your car before putting on the nose mask. Alway ensure that there is not dirt, debris of any kind attached to the vinyl. Remove the nose mask if you park your car in the sunlight. You should not leave it on for longer than three days, at most!! And yes, use it for long distance and highway driving!

The flapping happens because you didn't properly hook the nose mask onto the fender, or whatever it calls. I never have such problem.

Nose mask can be ordered through any Infiniti Stealership.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The problem is that most people do not remove/wash the mask as often as one should. It's a bother to keep removing/washing it and then reinstalling it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies.

"Stealership" That's funny. :cheeky:

The X-Pel Paint Protector sounds good but a little expensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts