Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get a clarion head unit but i know i need a wiring harness. Where can i buy one that fits the g20. I look at best buy and they have them for nissan. Can i use that one. Also can some one give me detailed instructions on how to get the head unit out. Also do i just hook up the wires and thats it or is there other stuff i need to do while im in there. Thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
To take your stock headunit out, you to first take out the center console. There are two screws right under the headunit (I think ther are only 2 screws, I'm writing this from memory so some one correct me if I'm wrong), remove these screws and pull out the ashtray and the console should just pop out. Before pulling all the way out, remember to disconnect the harnesses to the hazard lights, rear defroster, fog light (if you have them) and a fourth button that I don't have but I've seen them in others. Once the console is out, you can see the four screws holding the headunit. Pull the headunit out and take it to the store and compare with the harness they have. I think there are two types available for NISSAN so bring the headunit to make sure it is the same. The harness you buy however, will be missing a few inputs. The most important one missing is the wire to power the stock amps. You have to send power to the amps or no sound will come from your speakers. I tapped into the auxillary power from my Blaupunkt headunit to power the amps so they only power on when my headunit is on. Hope this helps, if you need anymore help, just ask

Joe :cool:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I sort of took it apart today. Okay for the powering to the stock amps. Can you give some instructions on how to tap into the auxilary outputs. Thats the most important part I need to know how to do. So please more instructions on that.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Go to this website :

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Nissan-Wiring.pdf

Look at the 1985-94 harness. You can see the connector for the factory amp (M). Split the power antenna feed from your headunit to the antenna and to the amp. The adapter you have will probably not have a connector for M so you have to figure out a way to connect it directly to the wire. One way is to use a wire tap that you can get at Radio Shack or any other hardware store, just ask a sales clerk. Since my power antenna broke, I have a roof mount antenna so my power antenna feed is only connected to the stock amp.

Joe:cool:

·
Registered
710 Posts
If you get a fosgate unit there is a wire for the amp turn on and a seperate power control wire for the antenna. Whats cool about this is that the antenna only comes up in "radio tuner" mode but stays down when you're listening to CD's...Neat. Kinda helps on the wear of the antenna and from getting bent in the windstream.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts