Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading up on how to make the clear sidemarkers for the p10 and went to The Home Depot today to find they don't carry anything that you need to make them. Does anybody knowwhere to find the plexi glass and glues etc.....
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
went to Tap Plastics.. they had everything i needed,
for free in the scrap bin

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
HAH you have a 91 maxima...
i used to have a 93 red SE... too bad

anyway there should be a tap plastics in most major cities
search for it, call around

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AHA too bad I sold it a month ago, just didn't want to change my name. HAH you have a 95 p10? I've got a 96 touring :lol: just playin man. thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uhum the topic is clear sidemarkers isnt it? lol um those lenses they have are to make like red and orange ones and they dont even have the glues or knives that i need. for the most part i think i can find the plexi glass, but i need the diffuser knife and glues for em. thanks for trying :p :p

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
91maxima said:
uhum the topic is clear sidemarkers isnt it? lol um those lenses they have are to make like red and orange ones and they dont even have the glues or knives that i need.
They sell it in a set, you get the clear with them as well

On Tap Plastics.... www.tapplastics.com they have some cool stuff...

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks man for the most part i canget the clear and the blue, i am looking for the knife, glue and the diffuser. and on tapplastics its mainly fiberglass stuff isnt it? where you lookin?

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Goto the site, look under plastics..they have all kinds of tools, adhesives, etc, etc......I havent seen the lens material, thats why I sent you to raidantz, they have it.

The best thing to do with plastic, is to rough cut it, and then use a belt sander or file (lots of work) to get it to the final shape. Some of the glues are tricky, especially the solvent type, those are one shot applications, mess up and its not good. Both sites will have what you need, just do some research...

[sarcasm]
Or do you want us to make it for you as well...hahah
[/sarcasm]

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
dude, you live in SLC. Grab a yellow pages and look under plastics, Im sure youll find somebody in that city that deals in plastics....hell, I live in the desert and can find stuff close to me.

Oh yeah, visit www.g20style.com and read his how-to article on the clear stuff....great site.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ah i just said fuck the research, called tap plastics 800 # and ordered most everything that i needed except the knife and the silicone. should be here in about a week or so.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well they sort of fucked me with shipping - $14 so my total was $34, but I did get alot. 1sq/ft of eat plexi, acrylic cement and an applicator syringe and i still need the silicone and the cutter so like $50 but ill have enough left over to make like 3 or 4 more maybe so ill see how it goes for me and its cool then maybe sell the extras to people :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
ok, i also read the DIY on g20style's page... and what is a diffuser?? is it a type of plexiglass?? What does it do? like reflect the light or sumthin? And where do u get that? tap plastics?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Um yea I spent hours researching this shit but so you dont have to.... I found out there are a few different kinds of plexiglass or different names that it is referred to ex. acrylic and the diffuser is just a prismatic plexiglass and yes you can order it from tapplastics, just call the 800 # on their webpage and they will get it for you. There is a $25 minimum order on things though. Have fun.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts